Toronto Lumiere Condominiums | ?m | 32s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

That charcoal coloured precast actually looks pretty good in person. I like that there's a material on this other than aluminium or glass, it should break up the look of the building a bit

That charcoal coloured precast actually looks pretty good in person. I like that there's a material on this other than aluminium or glass, it should break up the look of the building a bit

It does indeed, and I agree! This quiet little project might just surprise us.

Nov 11 Visit

IMG_nov-11-09-0252.jpg

IMG_nov-11-09-0254.jpg

IMG_nov-11-09-0255.jpg

IMG_nov-11-09-0256.jpg

IMG_nov-11-09-0257.jpg

IMG_nov-11-09-0258.jpg

IMG_nov-11-09-0259.jpg

IMG_nov-11-09-0260.jpg

IMG_nov-11-09-0261.jpg

IMG_nov-11-09-0262.jpg

Now we just need a modern day "Leave it to Beaver" to climb into that and we'd have a great basis for a sitcom.

Nov. 14th

Nothing too exciting but Lumiere can now be seen beginning to rise from my POV

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

I LOVE this modest little tower... it's shaping up to be wonderfully modernist.

We NEED an update-- or I will have to go get one myself. I have passed it a few times and am pretty much in love.

PS. Does anyone know what type of quality to expect from this project? What is Menkes' reputation?

Also, when is the move-in date going to be, approximately? I guess given where it's at it wouldn't be ready by Fall 2010 would it?

nice project

PS. Does anyone know what type of quality to expect from this project? What is Menkes' reputation?

Also, when is the move-in date going to be, approximately? I guess given where it's at it wouldn't be ready by Fall 2010 would it?

The quality is pretty good...it's hardwood floor throughout, in both living room and bedroom.

Last edited:
La Plante Street is little but a service lane, so it's pleasing to see that Lumiere is presenting more than just a blank back wall. Also, the parking garage across La Plante has stairwells tarted up up with different coloured lights at night: some engineer slipped an artistic element into an otherwise invisible corner of the city.

I look forward to Lumiere's completion ... Menkes is definitely one of the top quality builders in GTA with a well respected reputation, they are in par with Minto and Tridel

Thanks for the update :)

It's chunky, but the proportions somehow work, between the podium and the north side's alternating precast pattern (which looks really great btw... nice precast.)

I will get some update shots this weekend.

I'm really excited that the building is going up quickly (& finally). I have bought a unit here and am looking forward to moving in....I hope the unit is not too small though (i.e. it's not materially different from the floorplan/layout they had when units were on sale).

As for the prices, I'm glad I bought one when I did (almost three years ago), as I would not be able to afford prices of today! (I'm "only" 29!) :)

Dec. 5th Update

Among my favorate cladding (the charcoal cladding on the left) that I've seen in a long time although my crappy temp. camera can't do it justice.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Back