Toronto Lumiere Condominiums | ?m | 32s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

I noticed last night that a good portion of the parking lot is fenced off, and it appears a sales office is going up already.

One can only assume it will be raised on a curtain of air like a hovercraft.

Lumiere

Saturday while heading home on the College car I saw what looked like a sales office u/c across the street on Bay from RoCP phase one. I think it's called Lumier Condos but as usual could be wrong. Does anybody know what's going on on this site?

Thanks man, I knew I must have the name wrong. I was able to find the website for it, only registration as of yet.

Lumiere Condos

The zoning is all as-of-right due to a failed condo on the site a few years ago that already went through the O.P. amendment process. So as far as I know there aren't any planning reports floating around the community council section on the city website.

Given that the zoning was done a few years ago I would expect the tower to be a similar height to its neighbours to the south and be in the 25s-32s range.

Cue renewed discussion of the hilariously bad Lumiere website...

Considering all of it's neighbours are going to be in the 40-55 storey range, I wouldn't be surprised to see an application asking for more height.

Cue renewed discussion of the hilariously bad Lumiere website...

With all the floating people, it was giving me Monty Python flashbacks.

Lumiere Condos

The site was sold by Gateway Properties, who had owned it for over 25 years, to Menkes in March of this year.

Re: Lumiere Condos

Sales Office U/C

IMG_1901.JPG

IMG_1910.JPG

Re: Lumiere Condos

Does anyone have a rendering of this project?

Lumiere

At the sales centre they have a large rendering of the tower. I don't have a camera so I can't post it but it looks to be about 30 storeys high and built tight to the lot. The Bay St. facade has alternating bands of blue glass and beige precast, and the North facade is a blank beige wall (anticipating the redevelopment of the SW corner of Bay/College, I suppose). The crown of the building really reminds me of the top of the National Ballet School's North tower, with a double height recessed space.

If the wall is blank it is likely built to the property line. The building code requires specific setbacks for windows.

The population influx in the Yonge/College/Bay area is going to be huge with all the condo developments in the immediate area. Hopefully the street level retail on Bay and on Yonge will improve with all the new residents.

Back