Toronto Lower Simcoe Ramp | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto

GO operates service into the US?
AH!! don't you love acronym???

One has to starch one head at times trying to figure what what letters mean when one hasn't seen it written that way before or could be used by something else already standard. In this case it Union Station, not United States. Then GO doesn't go to the US yet.

One has to starch one head at times ....
I love the idea of starched heads, though one problem would be the difficulty of avoiding 'starched neck
syndrome".

starch.jpg

Attachments

• starch.jpg
    starch.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 456

One has to starch one head at times trying to figure what what letters mean when one hasn't seen it written that way before or could be used by something else already standard. In this case it Union Station, not United States. Then GO doesn't go to the US yet.

Ah, that's it! The only short form I ever hear for it in regular conversation is just "Union", in some places I occasionally read UNST, or USBT in the case of the bus terminal.

Sorry, this may have been addressed, but are the bents remaining as pieces of art for a future park?
Someone reported above that they are remaining and there was the usual UT chatter from those whose lives will be ruined if they do (or don't) stay. BUT as far as I know the park design is not yet settled so I suppose they MAY remain (or they may not.) I think it is safe to say that they are not being removed as part of the initial demo.

Someone reported above that they are remaining and there was the usual UT chatter from those whose lives will be ruined if they do (or don't) stay. BUT as far as I know the park design is not yet settled so I suppose they MAY remain (or they may not.) I think it is safe to say that they are not being removed as part of the initial demo.

Thanks for the clarification. There is a lot of cool things that could be done with them, from vines growing over them, to water cascading down them. I'd love to see them stay to remind us of what was, and how much nicer the space is now that we made a change.

July 21
At the rate things are going and assuming good weather in Aug, the upper ramp should be completed late Aug. As for the section from the last bent to the ramp retaining wall, that unknown until what every going to be used as a ramp shows up. It will sit on that square box and there nothing inside that box other than the outside concrete walls with rebar.

A fair number of slab section have been pour and waiting the expansion joints that are on site now.

From Simcoe to east of York have construction stake
35313785023_807b597ef1_k.jpg

35313785853_42143d6661_k.jpg

35988418141_3e9f9f1bb6_k.jpg

35313800263_6113ee240a_k.jpg

35730430380_670c40cd63_k.jpg

35730431490_873ed5c3b8_k.jpg

35313805553_8beeaf45a2_k.jpg

Great summary.

Update:
The Gardiner Expressway's Yonge-Bay-York off-ramp has been demolished, and as traffic lines up to exit at Spadina or Jarvis, quick work is being made of the new replacement ramp that will carry Downtown-Toronto-bound traffic off the eastbound lanes of the elevated highway at Lower Simcoe Street. We last checked in on the progress of this infrastructure upgrade just over one month ago, when structural steel was being installed for the new ramp's road deck. In the time since, the first concrete slab sections have been put in place, as well as the concrete abutment structure marking where the ramp will touch down at Lower Simcoe.

Back