Toronto Lower Don Lands Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | Waterfront Toronto

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 12.46.58 PM.png

Jan 22
More up on my site

Sped limit 40 km

Looking at my photos of Jan 14 For Commissioner, I was wrong in my last posting saying traffic lights and walkway crossing went in the last few day, when they were up before Jan 14. There are 2 sets of traffic lights and expecting one will not be turn on tonight since it will be for X road that has to be built.

The tent wasn't in place for any of my visited to Commissioner this year or last year.
53482089387_7692e4f4b4_b.jpg

53483401105_9a7f871920_b.jpg

53482993616_9d722413fa_b.jpg

53483400645_47f9558b91_b.jpg

53483292749_3d3bbd7e21_b.jpg

53483400615_9247a28a8f_b.jpg

53482992981_0388812530_b.jpg

I find it so goofy how all the main roads in Toronto are dropping from 50 km/h to 40 km/h. Pretty soon they'll be 30 km/h. Then 20 km/h. I mean the slower the better right? Maybe they should all be 10km/h.

Last edited:
I find it so goofy how all the main roads in Toronto are dropping from 50 km/h to 40 km/h. Pretty soon they'll be 30 km/h. Then 20 km/h. I mean the slower the better right? Maybe they should all be 10km/h.
Its the tend due to the number of people being injury or kill let along accidents caused by speeders, failing to yield the right of way to pedesiden and cycles.

Lot of places in NA are moving in this direction and very common in Europe.

The other thing coming is the no turning on red lights and those signs can be found in the Portland today as well many parts of Toronto and NA. Some states are going back to the no turning on the red that were removed in the 70's due to oil shortage. Saw a lot hell with that yesterday in a number of places.

Why do we have right-on-red, and is it time to get rid of it?

This ":Crescent" will not exist for long. In due course Villiers will be extended west to New Cherry and from the Precinct plan there will be several other streets linking between Villiers to Commissioners. Villiers will end at the new Don River, or actually curve up to meet Commissioners.

1706046482709.png

Villiers Street is named in honour of Major Villiers Sankey (1854-1905) of The Queen's Own Rifles of Canada and for many years the City Surveyor of Toronto.

Last edited:
Attention: I confirmed with Keating Channel Pub that they are open at 11am and do serve coffee if peeps taking photos/videos want a break. On north side of Villiers just east of Cherry. 🍒 ☕

Attention: I confirmed with Keating Channel Pub that they are open at 11am and do serve coffee if peeps taking photos/videos want a break. On north side of Villiers just east of Cherry. 🍒 ☕🍪📷
God love the owners of the Keating Channel Pub & Grill ! Always the gracious hosts with superb hospitality day in and day out for so many years. A cozy comfort establishment worth supporting (and a great patio in season to boot).

Its the tend due to the number of people being injury or kill let along accidents caused by speeders, failing to yield the right of way to pedesiden and cycles.

Lot of places in NA are moving in this direction and very common in Europe.

The other thing coming is the no turning on red lights and those signs can be found in the Portland today as well many parts of Toronto and NA. Some states are going back to the no turning on the red that were removed in the 70's due to oil shortage. Saw a lot hell with that yesterday in a number of places.

Why do we have right-on-red, and is it time to get rid of it?

It should be pretty clear by now that lowering posted limits without changing a road's physical design to match the new limit is counterproductive.

Back