Toronto London On The Esplanade Condos | 102.1m | 33s | Cityzen | Burka

October 9, 2008

lote.jpg

Great photo CN.! I can't believe what a huge impact this condo has when looking at it from this direction. I imagine the 'L' condo will fill in the gap between London & 25 Esplanade.

My understanding is that the neighborhood didn't even like the current height during the design process. Developers will always want to go taller so they can sell more.

Awesome photo update casaguy! It really is an outstanding building. I like how it almost looks like a different building when viewed from various angles.

Move in date for the east tower is now early april. They're firm dates which can't be moved by more than a week.

Anyone know how close they have to be to their scheduled move in date before they can incur penalties?

A shame, really, that it ignores the existing context of worthwhile adjacent buildings - the brutalist St. Lawrence Centre and the Modernist O'Keefe - and opts to channel the Ye Olde Red Brick style of the Old Spaghetti Factory instead. We could have seen something much more progressive.

A shame, really, that it ignores the existing context of worthwhile adjacent buildings - the brutalist St. Lawrence Centre and the Modernist O'Keefe - and opts to channel the Ye Olde Red Brick style of the Old Spaghetti Factory instead. We could have seen something much more progressive.

The old brick buildings in the St. Lawrence Market area are not worthwhile but the St. Lawrence Centre is? Imagine a 30-storey version of the St. Lawrence Centre. Yipes. I hope US never ends up on any design review board in the city.

ya dont worry, he's definitely in the minority having anything negative to say about this project. yet, anything by aA is immune from criticism... makes me wonder.

Back