Toronto London On The Esplanade Condos | 102.1m | 33s | Cityzen | Burka

This building will be the height of British style and panache when complete, hence its name. Anyone for tea?

Windows have started to go in. Looks like the facing and window trim is going to be a sort of dark grey gun metal colour . Certainly not the same as the office model or renderings I have seen. Those showed the facing to be more of an aluminum finish.
The glass has a a dark smokey tint which matches the trim quite nicely. I'm surprised at just how dark the tint is. Even in bright sunlight and up close it was difficult to see into the interior once they were up. From a distance down the street my first reaction on the glass was not good. I thought the builder had wimped out with 'Cityplace/Vancouver/NewToronto condo/enough already!' Green glass. But no, I am happy to report that this is something different. ...Maybe a hint of green in bright sunlight...but I don't think so. When more goes up, we'll know for sure.
Anyhow, I LIKE IT!!

Attachments

• london5.22.08b 007.jpg
    london5.22.08b 007.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 269
looks quite nice in your picture... a nice change of pace for the immediate neighbourhood! look forward to some more progress on the glass!

A close up shot- Esplanade side- lofts

A little closer view..

Attachments

• london5.22.08b 012.jpg
    london5.22.08b 012.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 250

Back