Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

Taken yesterday:

IMG_8284.jpg

IMG_8286.jpg
Another month and it will be clean out.
IMG_june-11-09-0068.JPG

IMG_june-11-09-0069.JPG

taken 1 year and one day ago, to now

north end excavation nearly complete - pic by tristp at SSC...

IMG_0937.jpg

Westbank's newsletter says this was the deepest excavation in Toronto's history - not sure if I believe that.

Another knowledgable poster (drum or someone else, can't recall who) a few months back in this thread stated that Scotia Plaza is the deepest and that this is the second deepest. As has been pointed out a few times, the CN tower has a relatively shallow foundation, as it's built like a Weeble.

It probably is? I was starting to wonder if the project got delayed or something. It seems like they started excavation a year ago or so and nothing has risen yet.

because i believe it was a heritage site, so that slowed down the process and that its right next to the subway line so they have to be extracarefull especially since they are going so deep.

There were many artifacts found at the site, under the basements/floors of the Georgian townhouses that were removed on Adelaide. I walked by a few times when the archeological dig was under way. There was no hoarding, just some fencing (or not even) and I got a good look. Various implements and I believe cisterns were found, some dating back to the 1830s. I was told that the developer had agreed to display many of the more interesing artifacts in the building when completed. Some of the facades, as we all know, will be rebuilt.

Without a doubt, if built this tall building will be an icon in the Toronto Skyline. Unlike mediocre looking buildings like Success and the Maple Leaf Square towers.

Well, it also comes as double the price. I'm sure if there were more $1000 psf buildings around, they could be iconic too.

uh oh :confused:

I can't see why they'd switch out so early?

Back