Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

wow! ^^^.. THAT's insane! Our Shangri-la is taller than Vancouvers tallest! It really shows how much toronto dominates... this could seen as a good or bad thing...

Everyone hates Toronto :p!!! (mostly due to jealousy i guess :D)

BTW: i don't mean to be strict or anything but did you use those screenshots with permission from skyscraperpage?... you could get into a little trouble cause you're not really suppose to take screenshots/use their diagrams without permission. They recently added that rule on their website.. just a reminder i guess, if you did get permission then never mind :D

Wow, you are right about the jealousy Steveve.

BTW: i don't mean to be strict or anything but did you use those screenshots with permission from skyscraperpage?... you could get into a little trouble cause you're not really suppose to take screenshots/use their diagrams without permission. They recently added that rule on their website.. just a reminder i guess, if you did get permission then never mind

I don't think that this is a problem. I don;t believe that each image is subject to copyright by skyscraperpage.

Some nice angles by Jasonzed at SSC:

20100411132.jpg

20100411127.jpg

20100411133.jpg

looks like they may be just starting the 2nd above-grade level on the south end....pic part of a major downtown update posted by Jasonzed at SSC...

20100417a097.jpg

Thanks for posting the pic.

I suspect that by the end of the summer Shangri-La is going to be visible from quite a few different angles.

The flooplate is smaller than I expected. She's going to be one tall and thin tower! :)

Nice shot! It looks as if the site is getting smaller and smaller! I guess i'm too used to seeing a deep hole in the ground! Very awesome shot!

Great shots! The way this tower is positioned should make for stunning views, both looking from it and at it. Since the topic of facadism was mentioned in the One Bedford thread, I wonder what the Bishops Block will turn out like with this one. Let's hope they don't ruin it.

Last edited:
Umm... I suspect that is not the entire footprint of the tower. If you look at the floor plans it seems as though quite a bit of space is missing from the tower on at least the north side. I don't think you could fit the intended units in that space.

^Fun video Cal! Thanks for that.

It makes me think that there are not enough Glass elevators in this city!

I believe City Hall should make it a By-Law that you have to have scenic elevators on all new buildings over 150 meters! Heck, for that matter, let's make the law retroactive. Glass elevators must be installed on the outside of ALL buildings over 150 meters!

YAY! Traynor for Mayor!

Thanks for that pic/vid caltrane! I too did realize how cool glass elevators are!!! We should have more of those like Traynor said... I'm ready to see some super density when in that elevator a year down the road... Shangri-la will look giant from the elevator! Glad to see a majority of the site above ground!

Here's a bit of Shangri-la... at its current phase, its really hard to photograph the progress but here ya go anyways:

4572912942_c2b1cec38b_b.jpg

4572279831_fe49330f20_b.jpg

4572916318_94f7640f39_b.jpg

Photos by me: steveve :D

Back