Toronto Liberty Yard | 125.26m | 36s | First Capital | BDP Quadrangle

The one part of Liberty Village I actually enjoyed, as it's a breath of fresh air from the sea of nauseating and uninspiring condo towers.

The area already feels extremely packed and as much as I love First Capital as a developer, i'm not looking forward to this increased density at all. The area is just a zoo, and the streetscape is just horrid all around (with the exception of around the First Capital office tower).

Is 85 Hanna Ave office height extension included as part of the 3 condo development package? Because it sits in the black lines of the this property proposal .

I have talked with First Capital about this. The architect is BDP Quadrangle. It will not include the Metro, nor the bulk of the parking lot: Metro have a long-term lease on their part of the site, which includes most of the parking lot. This is one of Metro's very best performing stores in the country, so they have no intention of messing with it for the moment. More soon!

20201217_104353.jpg
20201217_104339.jpg
20201217_104326.jpg

Thanks ushahid for the photos up above showing the overall finished project with the office tower included ! Liberty Village is really turning out to be real nice community!

Project website:

View attachment 289424

That 'park' looks nice in the renders, but in reality will be very challenged in terms of sun.

Block A appears to be large enough to support shifting the Metro into its ground floor.

IT would be worth considering, simply to finishing modelling out the completed project, but also to see one couldn't squeeze both a bit more park; and bit more sun for said park into a complete plan.

From the point of view of usable parkspace, it would be better if the Block B building were sited at the north end (where the parking is).

Parking for Metro could be retained, but shifted under either the Block A or B buildings.

Great news, and long overdue - those awful 1 storey suburban style strip plazas never should have been built here in the first place.

That 'park' looks nice in the renders, but in reality will be very challenged in terms of sun.

Block A appears to be large enough to support shifting the Metro into its ground floor.

IT would be worth considering, simply to finishing modelling out the completed project, but also to see one couldn't squeeze both a bit more park; and bit more sun for said park into a complete plan.

From the point of view of usable parkspace, it would be better if the Block B building were sited at the north end (where the parking is).

Parking for Metro could be retained, but shifted under either the Block A or B buildings.
Metro are not interested. I asked!

I like that red rounded corner podium building. So they can revise the rest, but not that one...

Great news, and long overdue - those awful 1 storey suburban style strip plazas never should have been built here in the first place.
FC should just have let the land sit fallow? LV is quite successful now, yes, but it's not been that way for too long. The one storey plazas were a cheap way to bring in income until the city grew into the area. They were always meant to be temporary.

Back