Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

That's why I don't get why McGuinty will be there.

I'm perplexed that they're still calling it the "L Tower" and using the L Tower logo, it's rather misleading to those who may still purchase there or are unaware that it has even been scaled back.

Maybe this building will get the boot after all, McGuinty could be there to announce some kind of funding, hey you never know.:)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mike in TO
3426513489_fc45ff8316_o.jpg

^ What's going on with the Yonge street frontage there? It looks more like the "back of the building" with those garage doors and green wall. I'm all for green but not sure if Yonge street is the place for that.

Either way, the base looks very poor and does not engage the street at all.

What's going on with the Yonge street frontage there? It looks more like the "back of the building" with those garage doors and green wall. I'm all for green but not sure if Yonge street is the place for that.

We dont really know if thats the final rendering, hope not.:eek:

for some bizarre reason ... I think that scaled model is the final revised design for 'l Tower' ~

Originally Posted by Mike in TO

^ What's going on with the Yonge street frontage there? It looks more like the "back of the building" with those garage doors and green wall. I'm all for green but not sure if Yonge street is the place for that.

Those aren't garage doors. There's no parking in or below L Tower. Hopefully those are retail windows of some sort.

This part of Yonge St. is crucial to allow for a continuous pedestrian friendly walk down to the water.

The stretch is already interrupted by the tunnel under the tracks and then the Gardiner. L Tower needs to reduce the length of barren land by having an active Yonge street presence which will then be picked up by whatever gets built on the parking lot south of the Gardiner.

yes, that model is definitely an incomplete and uglier design that i hope will be addressed by libeskind and his people.

i personally would not mind a ROM "clone" here on yonge street in replace of the "boot" that never was. it could be somewhat of a sequel or little brother to its bloor street counterpart, which i think, is beautiful and a success. perhaps this time around the structure can be all glass. the largest criticism targeted toward to the ROM that i continually hear from my peers and professional architects is that the Lee-Chin crystal itself was not constructed out of glass. the L-Tower could potentially fulfill that desire while at the same time ending the "boot" controversy.

That final design is so wrong. That part of Yonge Street needs more retail, to extend the strip towards the lake. I hope it changes because not only is it unattractive, but it will keep that part of Yonge a dead zone.

Has anybody seen the model up close? Was the texture of that green base representative of plant life (ivy, bushes)? What did those openings look like? Doors or windows?

I hope the design has been further refined. Yonge definitely needs to be addressed.

^Exclamation points in an article makes it look more like breathless propaganda and not journalism. ;) Although the quoted source is excellent, I'll believe it when it actually starts.

^Exclamation points in an article makes it look more like breathless propaganda and not journalism. ;) Although the quoted source is excellent, I'll believe it when it actually starts.

Funny! I am a bit of an "exclamation point" enthusiast. Never-the-less, IMO any project breaking ground after the past year deserves an exclamation point.

True.. It has NOT broken ground yet, but as per the Principal of Cityzen, it will be breaking next week. So... lets keep out fingers crossed.

M.

thx for the info, iSlutsky, but we have known about this since Sept 25, when brise posted the info....on page 85 of this thread....:cool:

/still, very good news....

thx for the info, iSlutsky, but we have known about this since Sept 25, when brise posted the info....on page 85 of this thread....:cool:

/still, very good news....

Yup.. saw that, but that seems like the "formal ground breaking" celebration.

In any event, very positive news.

Back