Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

someMidTowner Your a great photographer.

We can't argue with that unless we're english teachers. someMidTowner must have some mean camera power too. One of the Urban Goose films, Christmas in Toronto shows about 5 seconds near the 1 minute mark that might add to the conversation about "lighting" Toronto's skyline.

Depends what direction you're facing, with south exposure, L Tower and Backstage are all directly south of 88 Scott, Brookfield Place 3 could go up on the south west side, and some people speculate 33 Yonge (EDS building) could be built over. Hopefully the rest of The Market stays predominately low rise, it would be very out of character for that neighbourhood to keep adding skyscrapers.

Maybe I can add some photos to this discussion. Here are 2 angles of the footprint of the BackStage and L Tower parking garage. Obviously, the BackStage tower will not take all of this space 10 floors up.

DSCI0405.jpg

DSCI0437.jpg

I would think in a couple of years you will still be able to see most of the L Tower from the Harbour Commission Building.

DSCI0411.jpg

As for what could be built nearby, who knows what could happen.

DSCI0413.jpg

TOintime.png

I think living in downtown Toronto is more about where you are than what you can see out your window. A nice view is great but who really sits around looking out the window all day. Fortunate people live in this neighbourhood.

Last edited:
I think living in downtown Toronto is more about where you are than what you can see out your window. A nice view is great but who really sits around looking out the window all day. Fortunate people live in this neighbourhood.

Agreed. "nice views" are overrated IMO.

Agreed. "nice views" are overrated IMO.

I hear ya!

I never was a fan of single malt scotches, or a well aged medium rare porterhouse, or a vintage chateau bottled Bordeaux. These kinds of things in life were ridiculously overrated.
But when I eventually found myself in a position where I could comfortably afford these things on occasion, well,..you know...
They aint that bad!

Good to see there's still a little land left for about 12 more condos. ;)

DSCI0413.jpg

(Original Pic courtesy of SkyJacked)

We already know what's planned for 10 York, 1 York and 90 Harbour. The plan for 45 Bay still seems to be an office tower of some kind. The only real mystery in that shot is 60 Harbour.

Does the elevator not go to the top? There doesn't seem to be any holes for the shaft...

This is the 59th floor. You can see a high-rise elevator drive motor being placed on the floor of the elevator machine room and holes in the slab for two more drive motors. For reference, the plywood formwork to the right or south of the machine room is the top of the main staircase. No magic carpet above 58.

DSCI0383.jpg

Last edited:
The view of L from Church and Front is pure win.

If you're heading north on Sherbourne sitting at the stop light at lakeshore (just before going under the Gardiner) look up and to your left, it's beyond impressive, and looks far taller then it actually is, and huge monolith, with an architectural flare that pleasantly stands apart from the rest of the conventional boxy square towers surrounding it, very impressive indeed!

Back