Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Northern Lights over L Tower ?

... no, these are just the circling ACC light beams illuminating the low hanging clouds of the Halloween
night sky during the 30 second exposure of the photograph. Click on the image to view it in full resolution.

Last edited:
... no, these are just the circling ACC light beams illuminating the low hanging clouds of the Halloween
night sky during the 30 second exposure of the photograph. Click on the image to view it in full resolution.

Thanks or clarifying that.....For a moment there I thought my worst nightmare had come true and that martians had taken over the Mars Rover and hightailed it back to steal our beloved L Tower.

What would I do if there was no more L Tower Forum for me to check three times per day....

Remember Aeriosa?

Aeriosa Dance Society published a breathtaking 2 minute teaser video of their live performance on Toronto's 58-storey L Tower. Choreography: Julia Taffe, Dancers: Meghan Goodman, Julia Carr, Keely Sills, Abby Watkins, Julia Taffe. Rehearsal Director: Cara Siu, Lighting Design: Arun Srinivasan, Rigging Director: Colin Zacharias, Riggers: Michael Flynn, Jason Kruk, Colin Zacharias. Camera/Edit: Jeremy Mimnagh. Music: Kevin McLeod.

Unfortunately it is not allowed to embed the video, so you have to go to YouTube to watch it. Just click on the image and you will be taken there.

Last edited:
Cole Garside Photos

Cityzen just released all the Cole Garside photos that were presented as part of slideshow put together by the event planner Candice Sinclair for the topping off celebration at O&B.

Click on the image to be taken to Cityzen's facebook album called "L Tower Retrospective":

Last edited:
Thanks Udo.

So the top of the tower is not parallel with the ground? Slopes up a bit to the west according to the drawings seen in this picture on their facebook page.

486318_10151131155544779_193489334_n.jpg

Never noticed that in the renders before.

Thanks Udo.

So the top of the tower is not parallel with the ground? Slopes up a bit to the west according to the drawings seen in this picture on their facebook page.

Never noticed that in the renders before.

That's always been the plan as far as I can recall. Glad to see that they're sticking with it.

Steveve is in New York and claims he has taken pics and vids of the One57 crane dangling just above him! Can't wait to see that.

not quite dangling above me (lol. everything was blocked off) but in case you are interested, quick vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/steveveisthebest

and wow! amazing acrobat video. a bit dizzying, but insanely awesome at the same time!
as for the old boot, I think it would have looked best from a distance, because at street level, it would have dominated not only the Sony Centre, but the rest of the tower itself.
The way this tower meets the street on the north side isn't quite doing it for me either. I wish those blocks were slightly larger and had a larger presence, if not, not there at all.

They will put on all the window glass by Christmas. Does anyone know if those white strips will lit up? I was asking a construction
worker earlier, he said there hasn't been much talk about it

Back