Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Shouldn't. It's how the glass looks not it's price. Just like I prefer silver over gold. Or quartz over diamonds. Both look nice but have a slightly different shine. As long as something looks good in the end. Who cares what it's costs are. Moneys nt everything, But, it is important for the health and safety side. More so. (again my opinion).

L tower is gonna be a standout on the skyline, and it's pretty much unobstructed too on the skyline. this tower will be more of a public art piece than a high quality skyscraper... the cladding just doesnt meet those standards imo. but the tower will stand out

L tower is gonna be a standout on the skyline, and it's pretty much unobstructed too on the skyline. this tower will be more of a public art piece than a high quality skyscraper... the cladding just doesnt meet those standards imo. but the tower will stand out

This is starting to get absolutely ridiculous.
What ..friggin.. Cladding?
Could you be referring to the couple of pieces they were experimenting with a couple of months back, or is there something up there now that I'm missing?
Just a thought here that might be worth possibly considering. Why not wait for a dozen floors or so to get completed before passing judgement. Or better still. Jump on a bus, come on in from the suburbs and have a look at what's going on down here. (it's kind of exciting). forget about staring at weeks old photos of a few windows that went up and then were promptly taken down.

From Sunday

6827724724_4e6082fb94_b.jpg

^^ This cladding is on the east side of the building. Is this just a test panel?

This is starting to get absolutely ridiculous.
What ..friggin.. Cladding?
Could you be referring to the couple of pieces they were experimenting with a couple of months back, or is there something up there now that I'm missing?
Just a thought here that might be worth possibly considering. Why not wait for a dozen floors or so to get completed before passing judgement. Or better still. Jump on a bus, come on in from the suburbs and have a look at what's going on down here. (it's kind of exciting). forget about staring at weeks old photos of a few windows that went up and then were promptly taken down.

There was a large floor or two covered with cladding on the west/north sides that was only recently removed because of installation purposes... it's not test cladding

I still can't get over how blue those panels are. I really don't recall any of the renders suggesting such a vivid hue.

(Then again, renders of the new FCP cladding were white, whereas we now have light minty green, so I guess one can't count on colour fidelity.)

When a building is being designed, don't the architects have some say in what the cladding is like? Does Libeskind have any say in the colour and quality of the cladding? I would think that the architect would be very concerned in how their buildings are clad.

That may speak to why the first few rows came down.

^^ This cladding is on the east side of the building. Is this just a test panel?

And on this ?? This is the source of all the vitriolic hyperbole?
Oh well. In the spirit of of oneupsmanship please allow me to play a hand of of sillybugger along with the rest of you.
I dont like the way the peak of this tower is shaping up. There. In the months to come I will now be able to claim I was the first to point that out. Pretty stupid. I know. Just trying to keep in the spirit of things.

I agree Granny.

From my perspective, floor 56 is just egregious, a travesty, a true icon of poor taste.

The horror, the HORROR!

on foggy days and rainy days, the blue colour will make this tower stand out quite nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back