Toronto King West Life Condominiums | ?m | 25s | Plaza | Gabriel Bodor

There is no pattern for the ceiling heights ... some of the lower floors have a higher ceiling which you pay a premium for ... Is your unit 8 or 9 ft? Facing the the courtyard or west? I'm curious to see what the second building will start at for the same units

Its an 8ft ceiling...i thought you could only get 9ft if you got up into the podium (ie- floors 10+) but you may have a point....

I don't mean to be a downer as I'd love to see this project built, but after going through the Liberty Towers/Bliss debacle, I'd honestly be surprised if this gets built in it's current configuration. New condo sales are in the toilet and I just can't see them selling more than 700 more units anytime soon. They'd be foolish to build it without the presales because so much completed product will be on the market in 2011 that they'd never get the prices they're currently charging. They'll also be competing with CanAlfa's newest phase launch in the spring of '09 and with all 3 projects on the go, they might have some momentum.

I really hope this real estate market doesn't slow down all the progress of Liberty Village.

There are something like 1100 units in this building, thats a lot of selling. They are priced fairly well and they do include parking and a locker, we shall have to wait and see. No one wants a big empty space with boards around it in the neighborhood.

they usually start building when a building is 70% sold, so if they sold 700 that's roughly 70% of the units, why wouldn't they build?

They haven't sold 700 units, I don't even think they have finished selling the 1st of the 3 towers..

I'm not worried about blocked views, South facing whahoo.

Last edited:
Updates

Anybody have any updates for this site. Havent had time to go to the sales center recently...

Thanks in advance!

I'm glad to see that the market isn't completely tanking according to Urbanation. And MattR is right in that they only have most of the first tower sold = roughly 260 units and they'd need to sell somewhere in the range of 800 for it to be a go.

It won't block my view either, so I'd be happy to see it built :)

And the sooner the better. I'd rather not have to live beside a construction site for a couple years.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see that the market isn't completely tanking according to Urbanation. And MattR is right in that they only have most of the first tower sold = roughly 260 units and they'd need to sell somewhere in the range of 800 for it to be a go.

It won't block my view either, so I'd be happy to see it built :)

And the sooner the better. I'd rather not have to live beside a construction site for a couple years.

my view will be intact.........

They haven't sold 700 units, I don't even think they have finished selling the 1st of the 3 towers..

I'm not worried about blocked views, South facing whahoo.

Well, there goes my West facing view!

Last edited:
Just called to ask who the architects are for this project (it hasn't been mentioned anywhere until now) and it turns out it's Quadrangle, if anyone is interested...

Back