Toronto King East Centre | 140m | 39s | First Gulf | WZMH

I would tend to agree with Mr Weston. Some truck gardens tend to cut corners in the sanitary department--although in fact many of these same farmers sell to both local markets and large companies like Loblaws.

Really the best way to get fresh produce is to grow your own.

Always the contrarian, dreamer.

There are farmers markets, and then there are hucksters posing as farmers at farmer's markets, selling seconds. It's easy enough to tell the difference just by looking at, let alone eating and smelling the produce.

Farmer's markets aside, the big monopoly grocers (it doesn't matter which one, they all suck) sell imported, irradiated, GMO crap, and at a significant premium. The produce from Roncessvalles, Chinatown, Kensington, or St Lawrence market is not only superior, but is mostly local and is a fraction of the price.

Always the contrarian, dreamer.

There are farmers markets, and then there are hucksters posing as farmers at farmer's markets, selling seconds. It's easy enough to tell the difference just by looking at, let alone eating and smelling the produce.

Exactly, just avoid the vendors selling "100% Ontario Grown Bananas".

LOL, I really have no clue as to what store would go in the Dollarama spot, assuming the 'rumour' that I heard has some basis in fact.

Thankfully it looks like all systems go for Dollarama on Front Street (in the Toronto Sun building). This week they've papered their windows (the word Dollarama is throughout the window covering) as construction of the interior of the store begins. As well, lots of construction/electrical happening in the future LCBO store, right beside Dollarama's space. Woo hoo!

Farmer's markets aside, the big monopoly grocers (it doesn't matter which one, they all suck) sell imported, irradiated, GMO crap, and at a significant premium.
Wouldn't irradiating them and using GMO give them a better shelf life? I'm much more interested in taste than the genetic origin of the food. And if irradiation is safe (never seen anything suggesting otherwise), not seeing big deal here. Surely GMO crops would be better suited for organic farming, than non-GMO crops - and would require less use of pesticides. Now that's something I'm concerned about ... fertilizers and pesticides. We know those create cancers.

I guess we are way OT here ... someone might want to split into a General Discussion thread ...

Last edited:
Feb 16
Haven't been following this thread nor the project as miss a number of things while going by it.

6894989707_1ae1e8d178_b.jpg

6894988105_6491aff969_b.jpg

6894991481_b2f4d17c96_b.jpg

6894990271_3c033b10c0_b.jpg

6894990939_cb00174d28_b.jpg

I highly doubt that's going to start anytime soon ... maybe just soil sampling ?

I highly doubt that's going to start anytime soon ... maybe just soil sampling ?

The City told me they were putting down piles for the new staircase they are building at the east side of the present building. Great Gulf are, however, trying to pre-lease the proposed office building (on King) so it may come sooner than we expect.

The City told me they were putting down piles for the new staircase they are building at the east side of the present building. Great Gulf are, however, trying to pre-lease the proposed office building (on King) so it may come sooner than we expect.

There are many many buildings being preleased right now, this one will take a long long time. Just look at QRC ... moreover, if I recall there is a similar sized projected being marketed in liberty village area

Was walking by here the other day and noticed the 'Visitor Parking' store was closing down and moving to Vancouver (254 King St E - northeast corner of King and Princess).

Any idea what might be replacing this?

The LCBO (on Front Street) has a sign up saying "Opening Soon" and they have applied for a sign permit.

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5A 3X5

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 12 132080 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Mar 5, 2012

Project: First Party New

Description: To erect and display seven wall signs and one overanging structure sign, all at the southerly elevation of the building in conjunction with an existing retail store. **LCBO**

The LCBO apparently has been assigned the address 222 Front Street East.

March 15th
Sun3.jpg

Sun2.jpg

Sun1.jpg

Attachments

• Sun3.jpg
    Sun3.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 337
  • Sun2.jpg
    Sun2.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 329
  • Sun1.jpg
    Sun1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 331
333 KING ST E
OPA / Rezoning 12 144494 STE 28 OZ Ward 28
- Tor & E.York Mar 28, 2012 --- --- --- ---
Rezoning application to construct new mixed use office and condo tower on common commercial podium. Office building 16 stories and Residential building is 24 stories. - 419 parking spaces - 221 residential 198 office spaces - 282 residential units

Back