Toronto King East Centre | 140m | 39s | First Gulf | WZMH

It's good to see non-financial, non-media companies taking an interest in having their HQ in the core. So many of these consumer-y
E operations (eg Loblaws) have their main offices in the 905. Does anyone know where Coke is now?

Coca-Cola Canada main offices are based in Toronto, Ontario Canada, at two locations.

Coca-Cola Canada, Head Office
3389 Steeles Ave. East
Toronto, Ontario M2H 3S8
Tel: 416.756.8100

Coca-Cola Bottling Co. of Canada, Head Office
42 Overlea Blvd.
Toronto, Ontario M4H 1B8
Tel: 416.421.2653

Yep, I posted that a while back :)

i.e. there is nothing relocating from the 905 whatsoever here ...

Unless it's moving to the 905 it must be staying put, as they're not doing any manufacturing downtown clearly.b

GBC/Gaming Incubator Space - Gaming Inc

Haven't seen this posted in this thread..

It's a little old, but apparently the GBC School of Gaming Design office space previously mentioned at 333 King St E is also providing space (10 small offices) for a Gaming Incubator for start up gaming companies..

Opening its doors this September,a new gaming incubator at the School of Design has been created by George Brown College. Located on the 6th floor of 333 King Street East,it will support the city’s gaming sector by providing affordable space,business and professional services,technology and human resources. The incubator will share space with the School of Design’s digital programs,occupying 2000 square feet in a 26,000 square foot facility.

Start-ups are a continuing major cause of the Ontario gaming sector’s growth;however,smaller and emerging companies tend to have less stability. Their smaller scale means they are less likely to invest in newer or expensive technologies and have limited resources to put into research &development and therefore have difficulty competing with larger firms for talent and funding.

The gaming incubator will be about more than just rentable space. More than a physical location,it will have functional multiple personalities;allowing for focused and quiet work,formal and informal exchanges while also providing space that encourages exploration and unexpected discoveries.

The incubator space will offer ten individual private office spaces to small and emerging companies. Tenants will enjoy the benefits of updated technology,shared meeting space,business and professional services such as human resources support,management coaching and administrative assistance. This will allow companies to focus on creation and professionalize their operations.

Nineteen desks will be available for $250 a month
Ten 100 sq. ft. offices will be available for $1000 a month
Shared kitchen and meeting space
Meeting rooms and other facilities available for rent

References:

Gaming Inc Homepage
http://www.gaminginc.ca

CBC News Report
http://vimeo.com/25834962

George Brown Reference
http://www.georgebrown.ca/releases/expansion-of-video-gaming-program-space.aspx

Last edited:
No you are not, it was posted in this thread by another poster, from a report from Cushman and Wakefield found here:

http://www.cushwake.com/cwmbs4q10/PDF/retail_toronto_4q10.pdf

However, it quotes usage of 20,000 sq feet of retail, and there is no more ground level lots with that type of space..

It would have been great if they did move in..

The 20,000 sq. ft. space was "unit 5" that was in a previous site plan, which is underneath the "Office/Retail" that is on the east side of the site fronting on King Street. That space is now gone from the most recent site plan, so it'd be interesting to find out if they're indeed planning on moving forward on that office section sooner, rather than later, which is why Michaels was removed.

Has anyone heard anything about the opening date(s) for the LCBO/Dollarama?

Thanks!

A giant crane was installed today on Princess Street. I'm assuming it's to hoist equipment up on to the roof for the extra floors.

6433127221_b96d8c8b8e_b.jpg

Hey thought police, quit deleting my post, mine was a valid point. The 'former sun building' is going to be my neighbour, and I feel strongly that it should become known as something other than what it was. There is great significance in the naming of places particularly landmark buildings such as this. It no longer houses the 'sun' and it isn't a namesake that I wish to see preserved, and I suspect many residents of the area would feel the same way.

Though let's be fair here--when the Sun moved in here in the 1970s, it really was a boon to the neighbourhood, whatever the prevailing newspaper politics. (Of course, newspapers were different then from now.)

Though let's be fair here--when the Sun moved in here in the 1970s, it really was a boon to the neighbourhood, whatever the prevailing newspaper politics. (Of course, newspapers were different then from now.)

Yeah, and there was a time when western politicians thought Gaddafi was a reasonable person with which to do business. (Oh! did I say that?)

Back