Toronto King + Condos | 53.03m | 17s | King Plus | TACT Architecture

It's very conservative and lacks the elegance of a Prishram Jain point tower (Radio City, 18 Yorkville) due to stout proportions and spandrel. Might have been passable as a midrise; it bears a resemblance to Sync Lofts in Riverside.

From today.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    791.7 KB · Views: 1,444
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    766.6 KB · Views: 1,461
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    885.7 KB · Views: 1,447
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    828 KB · Views: 1,433
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    787.7 KB · Views: 1,446
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    932.3 KB · Views: 1,402
Is the Sherbourne entrance the main entrance? A very awkward entrance. You'd have to see it in person to understand.

I think the restoration looks pretty good. But the structure directly to the east of it? I don't think that's working. Maybe this was an attempt at striking contrast, but the eastern structure isn't properly proportioned. If they're going to contrast it, contrast the aesthetic, not the proportions. That'd be more striking because there'd be underlying continuity.

I think the restoration looks pretty good. But the structure directly to the east of it? I don't think that's working. Maybe this was an attempt at striking contrast, but the eastern structure isn't properly proportioned. If they're going to contrast it, contrast the aesthetic, not the proportions. That'd be more striking because there'd be underlying continuity.

I would have had no problem with the new facades being full glass instead of the yellow brick.

Couldn't they have put the vent in the lane? Anywhere but King Street frontage.

Back