Toronto King + Condos | 53.03m | 17s | King Plus | TACT Architecture

Because they're proposing reconstruction of the facade using original elements.

Yeah, I know...

Does Mozo across the street affect the amount of sunlight hitting King's Court? It's surely about the same distance?

Now, about the SE corner....

yea, save for the top few floors and the roof, mozo gets a fair amount of the direct afternoon sun. Fortunately the expanse to the east is vast enough that it sort of makes up for it.

Buyers at the East development who have bought west facing units (some of which have substantially sized terraces) must be pissed! I can't imagine how this building will fit in to the streetscape. The 6 stories of Abbey Lane will be bookended by two much larger developments and the entire scale of the street is going to be very off kilter.

If this monstrosity is built, only the SW corner will be undeveloped and the heritage building there will be completely dwarfed by condos. I can't protest this as I no longer live at Kings Court...but please please please City of Toronto do not let this happen!

How tall is King's Court? I don't think 17 floors is that much taller, is it?

King's Court is also 17 floors, so i'm interested in seeing what's planned out. The view to the south would take a serious beating though, even at that size.

the heritage designation protects the elements of the property that are considered to be of special heritage interest. so perhaps in this case it covers the facade which will be rebuilt but not the interiors.

Buyers at the East development who have bought west facing units (some of which have substantially sized terraces) must be pissed! I can't imagine how this building will fit in to the streetscape. The 6 stories of Abbey Lane will be bookended by two much larger developments and the entire scale of the street is going to be very off kilter.

If this monstrosity is built, only the SW corner will be undeveloped and the heritage building there will be completely dwarfed by condos. I can't protest this as I no longer live at Kings Court...but please please please City of Toronto do not let this happen!

Kings Court ruined Mozo's east view. Kings Court totally ruined the western view of the loft conversion on Adelaide. Kings Court owners don't have an argument here.

wow ... chill ... you almost sound like a hostile Mozo owner haha =D, just j/k

on the other hand, I think things like these are expected to happen when you live downtown in an urban context, the only way you can garentee your view would not be block is if (a) the building in front of you is recently built and is shorter or (b) if you look at a park, ravine, or lake

Kings Court ruined Mozo's east view. Kings Court totally ruined the western view of the loft conversion on Adelaide. Kings Court owners don't have an argument here.

in either of those buildings, I'd rather lose the east facing view than the south facing view.

In this city, virtually all views have a "best before" date.

In this city, virtually all views have a "best before" date.

Haha, well put. That should be expected when living in a big city, people who complain incessantly should move.

As for this project, it'd be nice if they could also get that little building to the direct south, as well as the Pita place, tear them down and build an L-shaped building around the existing corner property.

The Abbey Lane developers have got to be regretting going so short considering what their two neighbours are getting height-wise. They left a bunch of money on the table.

So, on the Rezoning Application under "Reasons for the Application" the form states: "because the proposed building’s height of 52.95 metres and massing, specifically along King Street, are not in compliance with the Zoning By-law."

Yeah, well, no kidding. Basically, they're saying "we want to rezone this area because our plans violate the zoning laws." I think the real question we're looking for an answer to is why should this building be granted an exemption to existing by-laws? What is special about this building that should grant it an exemption? They don't even attempt to address this obvious question.

The problem for the City these days seems to be defending at the OMB why a project would be refused an exemption when so many others are granted one.

Back