Toronto IMMIX | 131.06m | 38s | QuadReal | a—A

The last of the renderings showed that glass enclosure was to be shaped like the original fire hall, I gather. I guess this was either too expensive to build it that way, riddled with potential technical issues to maintain, nearly structurally impossible to pull off or all points in between.

...I guess it looks okay, but nothing like what was suggested that would go there. Although, to be fair...I'm not really surprised by this.

The last of the renderings showed that glass enclosure was to be shaped like the original fire hall, I gather. I guess this was either too expensive to build it that way, riddled with potential technical issues to maintain, nearly structurally impossible to pull off or all points in between.

...I guess it looks okay, but nothing like what was suggested that would go there. Although, to be fair...I'm not really surprised by this.
Hey, it’s Toronto. Curb your enthusiasm is practically our motto.

Yesterday.
IMG_6714.jpeg
IMG_6715.jpeg
IMG_6716.jpeg
IMG_6717.jpeg
IMG_6718.jpeg

I guess if this building has elevator problems, people in those units could scale down the fire tower from their juliet balconies. That's gotta be an interesting view with the tower so close to the windows.
Also useful if their watches die.

Back