Toronto Humbertown Redevelopment | ?m | 21s | First Capital | Kirkor Architects

July 9
I thought I had a better shot but apparently not.
1689681347813.jpeg

1) Humbertown redevelopment is basically dead. Although the master plan from the 2014 OMB decision is still in place, First Capital has no interest in pursing it further — welcome to the world of high interest rates
2) For now the SE tower “The Edenbridge” will be completed by mid to late 2025
3) South end of the mall will have a second storey addition
4) Minor renovations to the north end of the mall
5) There is no updated site plan nor does first capital have any plans to release one at this time.

Source: HVVA General Members Meeting - October 19 2023 - Councillor Stephen Holyday, First Captial representative in attendance.

1) Humbertown redevelopment is basically dead. Although the master plan from the 2014 OMB decision is still in place, First Capital has no interest in pursing it further — welcome to the world of high interest rates
2) For now the SE tower “The Edenbridge” will be completed by mid to late 2025
3) South end of the mall will have a second storey addition
4) Minor renovations to the north end of the mall
5) There is no updated site plan nor does first capital have any plans to release one at this time.

Source: HVVA General Members Meeting - October 19 2023 - Councillor Stephen Holyday, First Captial representative in attendance.
Understandable, I suppose. There are much more accessible plazas to redevelop, so I'd imagine Humbertown was an easy choice to postpone with limited funds. At least the Edenbridge is being finished and no part of the property will be left vacant.

Back