Toronto Humber River Hospital | ?m | 14s | HRRH | HDR

Is this another hospital-in-the-park(-ing lot) that has no street value? Sad to see that this is even allowed to be done. Just about every building should be built right to the street with very few exceptions. There's no excuse for having a parking lot facing a street no matter how quiet it may be.

Is this another hospital-in-the-park(-ing lot) that has no street value? Sad to see that this is even allowed to be done. Just about every building should be built right to the street with very few exceptions. There's no excuse for having a parking lot facing a street no matter how quiet it may be.

No, the hospital comes up to Wilson and has very little surface lots (it's flanked by two parking garages on the sides). Note that the hospital itself is being built in a parking lot (MTO lands) and not in a greenfield location. For a suburban megahospital, it's pretty urban.

26 January 2013:

9850.jpg

Photos taken 2 March 2013.

This building is at the eastern end of the campus.

IMG_3361_1-L.jpg

IMG_3363_1-L.jpg

IMG_3366_1-L.jpg

This building is at the western end of the campus.

IMG_3365_1-L.jpg

IMG_3372_1-L.jpg

forgotten is an understatement, I only learned of this a couple of months ago, and I have been browsing these forums for 3 years now.

The more complete building at the east end of the site is the Coroner's Complex, meaning of course that the less complete building at the west end of the site is Humber River Regional Hospital.

Why are these two projects in the same thread? They are two distinct projects, by two different teams and general contractors. The Hospital and OFSC are also managed by two distinct entities, so I don't understand the crossover.

Forensics Services / Coroners Complex was built by Carillion and designed by Stantec Architecture. Managed by the Ontario Forensic Pathology Service.

Humber River Regional Hospital is being built with a P3, featuring Plenary Health and PCL as GC. Building is designed by HDR Architects. Hospital to be managed by Humber River Regional Hospital. The hospital is also to be 14 stories to the roof of the tower.

Back