Toronto Hullmark Centre | 167.94m | 45s | Tridel | Kirkor Architects

whats happening with the 44s tower... whys it been at a stand still for so long. Is that cause of the transfer floor? or am i using the wrong term here?

Maybe you're looking from the wrong direction,... when I see the north tower from Yonge & Sheppard, I see they've already started the residential tower above the transfer floor,.... I think they're working on the second floor of the condo above the offices. Keep in mind the office building is much wider than the condo building at goes on top of it.

In the attached photos, the Annedale extension to Yonge Street is basically done,... just need to add another inch of asphalt. Add sidewalks and proper traffic lights.

Now that the Sheppard-Yonge southend (Poyntz) east side entrance/exit is closed to be rebuilt into the south tower of HullmarkCentre at the north-east corner of Yonge & Anndale Drive. At the south-east corner of Yonge & Anndale Drive - the Menke/Proctor&Gamble building management are being jerks again, they have their own subway entrance/exit and they could have extended the hours their Subway entrance on the east side of Yonge Street to help all those transit users from east side,... especially those from the approximately 15 Condominiums southeast of this subway entrance. Instead building management choose to keep their regular hours,... forcing many local transit users to use the west subway entrance/exit at Poyntz and then cross Yonge Street to get to the east side,... as you can see in the photo.

IMG_1930.jpg
IMG_1933.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1930.jpg
    IMG_1930.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 782
  • IMG_1933.jpg
    IMG_1933.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 944
Now that the Sheppard-Yonge southend (Poyntz) east side entrance/exit is closed to be rebuilt into the south tower of HullmarkCentre at the north-east corner of Yonge & Anndale Drive. At the south-east corner of Yonge & Anndale Drive - the Menke/Proctor&Gamble building management are being jerks again, they have their own subway entrance/exit and they could have extended the hours their Subway entrance on the east side of Yonge Street to help all those transit users from east side,... especially those from the approximately 15 Condominiums southeast of this subway entrance. Instead building management choose to keep their regular hours,... forcing many local transit users to use the west subway entrance/exit at Poyntz and then cross Yonge Street to get to the east side,... as you can see in the photo.

Sunnyray, you know that the building is closed to the public in the evening. for security reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the subway connection between the underground Poyntz exit and the Menke-Proctor&Gamble building,... where their building management always lock the doors after business hours,... transit users goes through the small lower concourse level of the Menke-Proctor&Gamble building where all the stores there are locked with glass doors,... then transit users go up the escalator to the main floor of the Menke-Proctor&Gamble building towards the doors which are about 25 feet from the top of the escalators. And what's at the top of these escalators? The security desk that always has at least one security guard. In addition, there's security camera all over this building,... both inside and outside.

As you can see from the photos,... after hours there's a security guard at the security desk at the top of the escalator,.... and another security guard (bright yellow jacket) posted at their subway entrance guarding the closed locked doors.

This isn't an American embassy,..... it's the Proctor&Gamble building,... what security reason?,... what are people going to steal??? Diapers and toilet paper??? ;p

There are plenty of building in NYCC and throughout Toronto (including those in the PATH system downtown) with direct subway access that remains open well after regular business hours and throughout the weekend to allow access for transit users. That SHOULD be a condition in the contract they sign with the TTC. The problem is the Menke-Proctor&Gamble building was built about 10 years before all the condos started popping up in this area.

IMG_2010.jpg
IMG_2028.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2010.jpg
    IMG_2010.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 855
  • IMG_2028.jpg
    IMG_2028.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 881
From Yonge&Sheppard, you could see they're working on 3rd level of north tower condo. Interestingly,... notice the between the huge cement slab of the transfer floor and first floor of the condo there's about a half floor high gap,... I guess that's for mechanical or ventilation.

BTW,... is it just me,... or does it seem like this building already has more broken windows than other buildings under construction? I noticed about 5 broken windows. I'm just wondering why? Are the construction worker careless or is it from poor quality glass?
IMG_1996.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1996.jpg
    IMG_1996.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 701
Probably partly because it is a huge development (meaning lots of glass) and the fact that you are examining this project more than others as it is close to where you live. It is normal for glass to break on site, sometimes it is a manufacturing error and sometimes it is a construction workers error.

Looks like the tower crane has to be relocated to the middle of the building or will be climbing out side of the building.

They had taken down the white crane today and where trucking it away. I guess they will put up a new one on sunday.

Thanks 42 and SMT! I think it was around 10 sec, but I can check exif info to be sure. The L lens helps a bit :)

Nice to know too! It is a nice and relatively light lens (EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM), my workhorse :) But for wide, panoramic views I prefer 10-22.

Nice to know too! It is a nice and relatively light lens (EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM), my workhorse :) But for wide, panoramic views I prefer 10-22.

Yup the 24-105 is my go to as well. Also using a lot of 70-200L Canon makes some great glass.

Back