Toronto Hullmark Centre | 167.94m | 45s | Tridel | Kirkor Architects

Knowing that Tridel is involved makes me far more confident that this project will be built. Good to hear.

Yeah with Tridel involved it will likely will sell quickly and be built....

If I recall correctly, Tridel was involved in one of the best bits of streetfront retail on a condo in the city: No.10 Bellair. Hopefully they repeat that here.

well hate Tridel all you want, they are a builder known by everyone and are the most respected as well.

Given the area, it would be exciting to have an urban Korean mall spring up at the base of that condo tower. It might just make it a city-wide destination.

Will Hullmark Centre Get Built?

When Tridel puts up a registration page it is only after planning, financing and most of the design work has be done and the project is ready for market. This project has been delayed for a while because of all the negotiations, rezoning, existing leases, and above all the sheer scale of the multi-use project. In my ten years with Tridel I can't recall pulling a project being marketed pre-construction. There may be delays to opening but Tridel has one of the best records in North America for completion. The other thing you can count on is great lifestyle and recreational amenities.

The retail will be great for the tenants and area as a large anchor tenant is being sought.

Personally, I'm hoping that this project will be a tremendous boon to the Yonge & Sheppard intersection. There has been a tremendous amount of planning, work and pride thrown into this project by experienced and dedicated people both at Tridel and its consultants.

I'll post more details as they become available.

Whole Foods

I think this looks like the perfect site for a North York Whole Foods location, maybe one of those giant U.S. ones where they have restaurants and spas etc. in the store.

I didnt find the prices that exorbitant and the experience inside was amazing. I also felt that Whole Foods had twice as many people working than a regular grocery store, justifying some of the extra cost. Quality and cleanliness was excellent along with agreat selection of foods and products. I dont know if they can duplicate that in Canada as we are much more reserved than Americans and not sure if they will be able to offer the same selection. One short coming here is that they wont be able to sell alcohol. The one I visited in California had a huge section devoted to wine - it was great!

A grocery store will definitely be needed at Yonge & Sheppard and Hullmark's probably the best place for one...you can't add like 10,000 people to a neighbourhood while subtracting a grocery store (Dominion).

How about a T&T? Toronto definitely deserves an urban version of the popular Chinese supermarket. Vancouver already has one urban T&T location...

yvr_t_t%20supermarket%20chinatown%20entrance.jpg

I'm looking forward to this project. I drove by the site today and attempted to envision the towers in all their monstrosity.

There are a few T&T's in the GTA, but I think a more expensive brand of grocery store should be in that location. Something a bit more high-end, as it's a prime location. Maybe Gordon Ramsey should start his own chain of grocery stores.

looks like this is getting serious now! 'the most important corner and address in the city' ??? I thought that was Yonge & Bloor... guess they are referring to the now extinct City of North York.

Back