Toronto Hullmark Centre | 167.94m | 45s | Tridel | Kirkor Architects

Good progress on the south tower:

img0782ak.jpg

img0785cr.jpg

April 13th Update:

If you walk along Sheppard, you can see the cut out where the building connects to the Sheppard subway. Though it doesn't look like a direct connection to the Sheppard Centre across the street. If you want to get to each corner of Yonge and Sheppard via underground path you'll need to go through the Sheppard TTC station. It seems only those with a metro pass will enjoy this luxury.

DSC_0787.JPG

If you're wondering where the north tower's subway entrance will connect to the existing Sheppard-Yonge subway station,... it'll be upper level station at the current 4-5 doors of emergency exit on the Eastbound platform of the Sheppard Stubway line. Here's a photo of the boarding drywall section on the Eastbound platform,.... seems like they're starting to convert the current emergency exit to become the entrance way now.

I sure hope they preserve as much of that subway tile artwork as possible,... hoping they'll also incorporate it in their entrance tunnel.

BTW,... no sign yet of any work being done for the other subway entrance for the south tower of Tridel-Hulmark Centre,.... on the subway station side that is.

Attachments

• IMG_4103.jpg
    IMG_4103.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_4116.jpg
    IMG_4116.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
What's with that two-three story development on the north-west corner of Yonge and Sheppard? It seems like a wasted opportunity. I wonder if the developers are kicking themselves after seeing the massive towers springing up around them.

So the TTC owns the land and is waiting for an opportunity to build an office tower? Then this is really only somewhat temporary?

15 years temporary :) Though I am somewhat happy they have finally built something on this corner. Now would just be happy to see the parking lot on the SW corner go as well.

The south tower is growing fast; they are working on the fifth floor. For some reason, the north tower is almost halted; I understand the subway connection slows down the progress (west part), but I am not sure why the north-east part of the building is so slow.

img0837jj.jpg

The old traffic signal lights that are shown in Jivey's picture above were de-activated and removed on Tuesday.

New temporary lights had been installed several weeks ago further back from the intersection to allow for the realignment of Poyntz Avenue on the west and the extension of Anndale Avenue to Yonge from the east.

The process took most of the day but the new lights were operational before the evening rush.

A week later another floor added to the south tower:

img0839xs.jpg

Some signs of cladding visible on south part of podium:

img0841gf.jpg

Back