Mississauga GO Transit: Cooksville GO Station | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | WalterFedy

If the numbering system is the same as Oshawa Station, all platforms are treated the same, either bus or rail. At Oshawa, platforms 1& 2 are GO Train platforms, 3,4 &5 are VIA Rail platforms and 6-16 are Bus platforms.
I believe Union is the same whereas the lower number platforms are rail, and bus platforms start in the 20s. Bays 1-3 at Cooksville I assume are rail platforms (both existing and future)
Good point. Platform 1 is for the future once track 1 every gets built. Platform 2 being currently use as before and part of platform 1. Platform 3 would have to be for a future platform as well a future track 4 on the south side.

Rush Rush Rush to get something open for show and tell than not to do it right in the first place. Once again the GOD's at Metrolinx showing how to piss off riders by opening things too soon than wait until the work is completed 100%. I guess Kipling will be next for things not completed for show and tell. The elevator by the Kiss & Ride still not working

A GO Transit service
On the GO​
SERVICE UPDATE​

Cooksville GO – Pedestrian bridge closed starting October 26
5f90853c06b6a360d4fcbb14.jpg
5f90853c06b6a360d4fcbb15.jpg

Cooksville GO passengers: Starting Monday, October 26, the pedestrian bridge, the stairway from the train platform to the pedestrian bridge and the elevator from the train platform to the pedestrian bridge will be closed for about one week. Our contractor will be painting in the stairway area.

You can use the elevators in the parking garage to reach the tunnels which will bring you to the train platform.

Thank you for your patience as we work to improve your station.

Last edited:

So many design flaws!!!!!

Many of which were fixable with very little, or no net new dollars.

1608048742877.png

I despise these railings, Toronto uses them all the time.

The are the ugliest thing!

I do hope the Jersey Barriers and Chainlink are temporary, if not, someone needs to do time in jail! (the sarcasm here is only slight)

They actually installed decent'ish railings on site, why not use a standard design?

1608048934205.png

We also need to talk about this:

1608048997650.png

And this:

1608049049537.png

*full credit @UrbanArt for all photos

Bulky, heavy, unnecessary, bland, prone-to-tagging/graffiti

The correct choice here is railings than can be seen through, whether that's stenciled metal as above, or whether its glass or some other translucent material.

Ugh.

I mean that whole ramp is fairly useless and a testament to the silly requirements in the OBC sometimes. It's a pretty gradual looking slope - do you really need the ramp at all with the mile long railing? It just looks silly.

The correct choice here is railings than can be seen through, whether that's stenciled metal as above, or whether its glass or some other translucent material.

Yes, these seem almost to be designed to create safety concerns for users with blind corners and lack of visibility. Maybe even a convenient spot to relieve yourself.

The juxtaposition in this image is pretty incredible; shows how high in regard Metrolinx places the car vs what they think of municipal buses.
This is an example of poor urban design by the city that cannot support transit to serve any of GO stations in Mississauga. The people north of Sq One will still take the car as it will be faster than the LRT when it starts running fall 2024.

Route 4 is turn into another route 8 and will bring very few riders. 53 may bring a few more riders, but not that many. Route 28 will see the odd rider. Bulk of riders use 103 since it bypass Sq One and 2 will pickup some.

I have made the recommendation that a Mavis bus service the Cooksville Station by the way of Dundas as it will offer 2 types of service. One for GO and the other faster route bypassing Sq One since riders currently have to catch the 2 to Sq One and then the 61. The riders using Dundas will have a faster and short trip using the 61? along Dundas and eliminates a transfer.

This is an example of poor urban design by the city that cannot support transit to serve any of GO stations in Mississauga. The people north of Sq One will still take the car as it will be faster than the LRT when it starts running fall 2024.

Route 4 is turn into another route 8 and will bring very few riders. 53 may bring a few more riders, but not that many. Route 28 will see the odd rider. Bulk of riders use 103 since it bypass Sq One and 2 will pickup some.

I have made the recommendation that a Mavis bus service the Cooksville Station by the way of Dundas as it will offer 2 types of service. One for GO and the other faster route bypassing Sq One since riders currently have to catch the 2 to Sq One and then the 61. The riders using Dundas will have a faster and short trip using the 61? along Dundas and eliminates a transfer.
Great way to spend a few billion!

Back