Toronto Gibson Square Condominiums | 137.46m | 42s | Menkes | Rafael + Bigauskas

Last edited:
It looks like they're working on the arched top, which is good. That feature will give the complex some needed character.

sorry to be downer, but they're essentially already in place. The north tower's slope is now fully complete/exposed and it's not quite as dramatic as the renders made them out to be. I remember descriptions of the towers said that they're curved rooflines would have a dramatic silhouette on the skyline. It's barely even visible from a distance.

sorry to be downer, but they're essentially already in place. The north tower's slope is now fully complete/exposed and it's not quite as dramatic as the renders made them out to be. I remember descriptions of the towers said that they're curved rooflines would have a dramatic silhouette on the skyline. It's barely even visible from a distance.

What they promised:

14449093961_17850e67bf_z.jpg

What we got:

14452451735_0208b29f83_b.jpg

What they promised:

What we got:

[]

I wouldn't judge them yet. Keep in mind those renders are from a different angle and at night.

I'm interested to see the final product at night and lit up. For anyone stretching their neck, I imagine it would be a unique feature.

The bigger bummer is that the cut-out holes in the sides that would have allowed glimses of the rooftop features are now completely solid.

I would normally expect them to build up the structure including the opening, not build a structure and then cut out a hole- especially considering that the material in the opening looks to be concrete. I think the most we can expect is a different colored cladding, but I hope I'm proven wrong in a good way.

IMG_3600.jpg

They took down most of the scaffolding today and revealed what I assume is the final product on the arches. Looks OK but definitely not nearly as big of a impact as the renderings.

Attachments

• IMG_3600.jpg
    IMG_3600.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 1,404
Looks like occupancy, originally estimated for June/July 2015 has now been moved to Jan 2015 for the first tower and March 2015 for the second. Wonder if there is a reason for delay or if they were just too optimistic?

Back