• George Smitherman

Votes: 23 67.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kettal

Banned
Member Bio
Reaction score
There is speculation that the frontrunners in the Mayor race for 2010 could be George Smitherman and Glen Murray.

Smitherman

I would say, out of this limited list, Smitherman would have an advantage simply due to Name Recognition.

I find voters today are way too lazy to care about true issues, and usually lay their vote with a face/name/party they're comfortable with.

Smitherman = Liberal (very familiar in this region)
Portfolio = Minister of Health, Minister of Infrastructure & Energy
Look = He does kinda look like Brad Lamb who's face is plastered all over Toronto (somtimes on animal bodies???), so that would help aslong as his campaign signs have his photo on them as well.

Just my opinion.

What does sexual preference have to do with someone's ability to lead a city?

something to do with god getting angry and torching the whole city.

What does sexual preference have to do with someone's ability to lead a city?

in reality, nothing.

however, the right-wing will be out screaming 'family values' will be at jeopardy;
the 'gay agenda' will turn the city into a recruiting centre;
Toronto will turn to sodom and gomora (sp?), etc, etc.

Yep, I don't see a significant connection between the issues and the person's orientation unless it's driving their policy. Might as well take most other candidates and say Straightlection 2009 (and so on).

Gomorrah...since you were asking...I think

Out of those two, I'd think Smitherman would win based on local recognition. I'm not even sure what Glen Murray's policies would be like.

Yep, I don't see a significant connection between the issues and the person's orientation unless it's driving their policy. Might as well take most other candidates and say Straightlection 2009 (and so on).

what about bi-elections? we've had alot of those already. ;)

i hope all the major candidates are gay. that way anyone who wouldn't vote for a candidate just because they're gay would stay home on election day.

in reality, nothing.

however, the right-wing will be out screaming 'family values' will be at jeopardy;
the 'gay agenda' will turn the city into a recruiting centre;

Do people talk like that up here? Maybe in Kansas, but I think Torontonians have past that neanderthalian stage. But then again, after reading the comments section on some Toronto news websites, I'm not so sure.

irony?

Do people talk like that up here? Maybe in Kansas, but I think Torontonians have past that neanderthalian stage. But then again, after reading the comments section on some Toronto news websites, I'm not so sure.

they're in the closet.

You can tell there is still issues with sexual orientation when people feel the need to use "gay" to define things like the title of this thread.

Back