Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

^ha ha. Well, eventually I would like to see some kind of decorative roof element on a Yorkville skyscraper but not this one.

As much as I get bored of aA and their constant copy and paste jobs, I think this is their best achievement and probably the nicest skyscraper we've had in our entire 10 year boom. Somehow it all came together: the profile, the glass cladding, the vertical stripes, the smaller sister building next door and, yes, the location. The building is more or less perfect as it is.

Caltrane getting rich in Yorkville.

photo-2272.jpg

LOL! And i just noticed you can even see the chrysler building NY Towers in that pic!

It was the best of architecture, it was the worst of architecture.... Wrong quasi-Dickensian reference for a Christmas eve, but true nevertheless. It's amazing the number of different styles of architecture captured in that photo, all essentially from the last 50 years.

This one is going at a snail's pace. It was basically topped out last spring and it's still not done.

When is the hotel set to open? I can't figure out why this one is moving like molasses. It appears it will be months still before all the glass is installed.

^You've never worked in construction, have you?

Walk by this project very carefully, and look up. What do you see?

I see painters, interior designers, etc working feverishly to finish this hotel. This is a luxury product, not a rush job like City Place.

The building topped out around last May. It's been roughly 8 months since and it's still not close to being done. That to me indicates they're taking they're sweet time.

Back