Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

Variation of my earlier pic

4seasbluesky.jpg

Very true! That's a great way of looking at it; like Empire State Bldg to midtown Manhattan!

lol! (though, of course, a much dumbed down version!)

and yeah, androiduk's last pic just shows how Bloor street needs some height in the background. four seasons is dominating.

Very true! That's a great way of looking at it; like Empire State Bldg to midtown Manhattan!

Woa there. I think the 4 Season's is great and quite large for the area, but comparing it to ESB, a building twice as tall and easily one of the 10 greatest skyscrapers ever built, is far stretched. And soon enough 1 Bloor will be dominated it.

Woa there. I think the 4 Season's is great and quite large for the area, but comparing it to ESB, a building twice as tall and easily one of the 10 greatest skyscrapers ever built, is far stretched. And soon enough 1 Bloor will be dominated it.

i think he means in the context of dominance to the area. FS towers over everything.

I considered that as well. From certain angles that's true, but from the south or east it's hardly as dominate as ESB is from virtually every angle.

Gorgeous photos. I am almost completely a Four Seasons convert now. Seeing the building clad towards the top is really changing my opinion of it.

Some really neat proportions at work in its design :)

Gorgeous photos. I am almost completely a Four Seasons convert now. Seeing the building clad towards the top is really changing my opinion of it.

Some really neat proportions at work in its design :)

wait WUT!?!... somebody didn't like Four Seasons???... just kidding,
cool to see a convert... though not sure why you weren't the biggest fan... was it design-wise?

Those are amazing shots, and I can't figure out which building you took it from although, I'll make an assumption its a government building at Wellesley and Bay..????

Yes, Burano is the one. The views are great from just about any level in the building since your right in the center of the action. Murano only blocks off a thin sliver of the east view, which is lacking in density anyways.

Yes, Burano is the one. The views are great from just about any level in the building since your right in the center of the action. Murano only blocks off a thin sliver of the east view, which is lacking in density anyways.

I think Burano's views are as good (and probably better) than Aura's (minus the fact that Aura has height over everyone). It's right smack in the middle of Bay Street and has a beautiful view (which it stole from Murano) of Queens Park... not to mention, probably the best view of the CBD/skyline.... This and Shangri-la I think are the "Trump Chicago's" of Toronto (view and location wise... more power to shangri-la location wise... and they're smack in the middle of the skyline if you're looking at it from the east/west (for Burano) and north/south (for Shangri-la)), as they're smack in the middle of the street which is great.

Back