Toronto Four Eleven King Condominiums | 149.04m | 45s | Great Gulf | KPMB

One wonders at the conflict of interest in our 'government' being involved in booze and gambling. What next, prostitution? It's wrong, simply put. And the argument that the private sector cannot provide better pricing or selection is also spurious considering most of us have travelled to other places where this is not the case. The LCBO is a cash cow for the province and their profits are just another means of taxing Ontarians, over and above the already enormous taxes built into alcohol pricing to start with.

Enough of the continued LCBO existence debate here. There is already a thread for that. This thread is for discussing the building the LCBO will be inhabiting at Spadina and King.

That's why you need to make friends with people of questionable morals.

Just like Silly, whose friends are cops....questionable morals abound!

mods, why don't you delete his post as well?

Driving the thread back on topic...

Looks like they are tearing up the pavement on the lot. Anyone know if this project is going ahead?

It must be going ahead.
They hadn't started tearing the pavement up on the lot yet, but were working on the plumbing earlier this week and had steel plates on King St.

I would not be so certain. The work looks like a typical City of Toronto utility upgrade or maintenance project on the corner and not the whole lot.

Yeah, on second thought, it doesn't really look like a site prep is going on. They haven't expanded the area they've been working on for days.

Last edited:
I would not be so certain. The work looks like a typical City of Toronto utility upgrade or maintenance project on the corner and not the whole lot.

You're probably right. There has been work happening in that area, and around the King-Spadina intersection, for a while. The parking lot is still in use.

You're probably right. There has been work happening in that area, and around the King-Spadina intersection, for a while. The parking lot is still in use.

If I had to guess, they were working on the city plumbing into the lot. They had paint indicators on the road beforehand, and the paint markings went right into the lot.

On saturday, they tore the curb up at the back of the parking lot by the lane.
I think they're starting to prep.

23 March 2009 photo update

dsc01591z.jpg

This lot deserves far better architecture than the LCBO often provides for its newly built stores. Hopefully they'll do something above the bare minimum, and at the very least not front King or Spadina with a parking lot.

Back