Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

great news. Hope One Yonge will be the next one to get approval.
Optimistically when can construction start?

I would assume the same thing happens to One Yonge that happened to Mirvish-Gehry. Less Towers and added height to the ones that remain which I think is for the best.

I would assume the same thing happens to One Yonge that happened to Mirvish-Gehry. Less Towers and added height to the ones that remain which I think is for the best.

Perhaps, but more height may not be likely. I think a height reduction could be possible. The Mirvish-Gehry proposal preserves heritage, and it is also no where near the waterfront. More height in that context is less provocative than One Yonge's location -- which is adjacent to a growing low-rise neighbourhood.

I'm not sure if Council considers the Mirvish-Gehry supertall approval a one-off. I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that some of Council's support for this project was given based on the survival of the previous density limits for this area of the downtown. This supertall development is, I believe, not intended to set a new height precedent against which other developers may compare when submitting proposals.

it is a good news.
im afraid that these condos will be expensive and If many people don't buy these, Mirvish might decrease the height.

I personally think if there is any project in toronto that has a chance to be 1000ft+, its the One Yonge project. Oxford place is great but it is too close to the CN tower, and even though it technically it is still shorter than the skydome of the cn tower, i dont think the city will allow it (at 300m+). However, one yonge is on yonge street (obviously)! It is one of toronto's most important streets and they are currently proposing 5 80+ story towers. I honestly believe that they will remove towers and increase at least one of the towers over 1000ft. Atleast that is what im hoping for :)

Oxford place is great but it is too close to the CN tower...

Why would the CN Tower be a greater moderator on proximal infrastructure heights compared to sites located near the waterfront and lowrise neighbourhoods?

I support supertalls on Yonge: but for sites located further north. I'll smile when Aura gets comparable company.

it is a good news.
im afraid that these condos will be expensive and If many people don't buy these, Mirvish might decrease the height.

Let's hope the height is maintained. Industries involved in the arts will benefit from the residential density.

Seems like the developer views the process and outcome as being quite positive:

"The process we so fully engaged in has led to a more evolved scheme and a more refined approach to the development site," says Peter Kofman...

I guess he needs some "demolishing."

So 92 floors, how do you make elevators workable in such a tall, skinny tower? Have occupants make reservations?

I would like to think 8 elevators but more likely 6

Maybe double decker cars like Scotia Tower?

Back