Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

I'm turning the AC on in this thread to cool things down. No more ad hominem please; stick to Mirvish+Gehry. Thank you!

So is this project been started at all? Or just the same as what happened with Monde Condo that until now after so many years hasn't even been started.

when did the project get the go ahead for an increase in number of floors to 85 & 95?

see pg 4

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2015/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-82626.pdf

Hmm?, probably incuding mechanical, and most likely will stay at the same height

South: Immediately south of the site is a four-storey brick building located at 15 Duncan Street containing commercial uses. East of this is another brick building of the same height, occupied by the Registered Nurses of Ontario, the surface parking lot that is subject to zoning amendment application No. 15-177189 STE 20 OZ as noted above and the building fronting 211 Adelaide Street West. Further south, fronting King Street West is the site of the recently approved Mirvish/Ghery proposal for an 85 and 95-storey mixeduse building.

I took this photo last year in May, at the public meeting. When I saw this, I did assume the extra 3 storeys would be mechanical.
Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 1.28.31 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 1.28.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 1.28.31 AM.png
    729.3 KB · Views: 1,541
There were a pile of massing studies at the public meeting to show people that many designs had been considered on the road to what was settled upon. That was one of them, but not the one carried forward.

Many months ago, Projectcore was considering a Fall 2015 launch, but things can slip. There's a lot more Fall to come of course, in fact, all of it!

Back