Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

I don't know for sure but it seems obvious that they would. It's now a glass tower. Glass towers are cleaned from top to bottom regardless if the glass is opaque or transparent.

FCP re-clad today:

5697082163_e994818e00_b.jpg

5697656448_e16388b25d_b.jpg

5696899369_48b87ec908_b.jpg

by me: steveve

Excellent shots steveve, FCP is lookin' good. I only recently really noticed what an overall dramatic change the bronze laminated glass in the corners have on the building.

looks like Steveve discovered hdr or atleast some photoshop tricks! great looking images...

lol... it's addictive, and iphoto makes it too easy, i understand why it's overused (but it can have it's good uses!)

Here's another random pic from yesterday, the reflection from the TD Centre shows the apparent change between old and new,
5700015532_bcaeb6d3f1_b.jpg

The closer this gets to completion the more dissatisfied I find myself. At first I was quite enthusiastic about this makeover... thinking the building would look sleek and refreshed once it was complete. But after staring at it for a while yesterday I realized the horrendous mess of antennae at the top of FCP will always keep it from looking 'good'.

They single handedly ruin the sleekness of the building. It's amazing that they would spend so much time and money to renovate the exterior and ignore the ugliest part of it. It's almost unbelievable. Perhaps they are intentionally keeping that part out of the renderings to surprise us? Wishful thinking I know...

Back