Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

I just noticed that the BMO logo is lit up for the first time since this work began

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Crest White Strips should advertise on the hoarding.

The makeover looks tremendous. Peter Kuitenbrouwer states that, in our mind's eye, First Canadian Place is a brilliant white. However, reality is not so kind to the building. This reno will bring new life to the FCP.

Crest White Strips should advertise on the hoarding.

"NiteWhite" works better but no matter, I like my teeth to consistently appear white whether it be on a sunny day, or under overcast skies :D

I just noticed, the new kinda makes the windows look smaller.. in my opinion anyways. Is it just me?

I think it's an optical glass illusion.

Being partial to subtlety in colour and form and unity of design I'm happy as a clam that FCP now not only presents a reasonable colour match to the many other pale green/grey towers downtown, but that the new cladding repeats the restrained yet perceptible surface grid that existed before - employing one panel rather than the previous eight to express it.

The answer is yes
The window glass replacement has been going on for some time and as they are installed from the inside, presumibly at night. it is hardly noticable.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

I was walking down yonge street this morning. You can sort of see in the picture, and perhaps it's not complete, but the signage looks like CRAP. From college, you can barely make out what it says. This is compounded by how clear scotia and kpmg are. I think someone is gonna catch hell for this.

Damn, FCP is going to look so much better with its shiny new skin and vertical black strips. It's going to make a huge impact on the appearance of the skyline as a whole. I wonder if anyone with some extra free time could do a render of what the new FCP will look like.

Last edited:

Back