Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

June 22nd

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

oh boy...hopefully they won't run out of money to finish this expensive project. I wonder if this part of King Street will become a no parking zone.

by me: caltrane

sany0293q.jpg

sany0291.jpg

Last edited:
King west is going to be the place to be. Imagine all the celebs that will be coming here.

Yorkville is too difficult to get to. I think the Entertainment district will replace yorkville as the trendiest spot in toronto.

I agree, since when has the King and Spadina area been compared to Yorkville.:eek:

Often, especially in the ~BloGoSpheRe~ and local media. Most of it has to do with the elegant building stock, the yuppie bottle service crowd who live there, and I think real estate agents are collectively calling it New Yorkville. It's a slice of Yorkville south of Bloor, at least in comparison to Queen West.

Really? It's by the intersection of two subway lines and downtown's main streets.

Yup. do you expect rich people jetting in for a couple of days to take the Subway. They'll be taking car from either airport.

Celebs already stay at the soho metropolitan, and now they'll have trump, shangri-la and ritz to choose from also, Not to mention Tiff focus will be at metro hall and festival tower. Hazelton and Four Seasons will be waay far away from the action.

Yorkville is old and dying, King west is young and fresh.

I'm not sure what the obsession is with having only one upscale area is anyway. Who cares? Yorkville isn't going anywhere. It's going to remain swanky. Hotels will continue to do business there. And so will King street.

Back