Toronto Exhibit Residences | 99.97m | 32s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

^^^ That last photo reminds me... this tower is easily visible behind Queen's Park when driving north on University. Didn't the City place restrictions on this view terminus?

And here is that view...
IMG_4749.JPG

IMG_4752.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4749.JPG
    IMG_4749.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,673
  • IMG_4752.JPG
    IMG_4752.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,686
Oh wow, this ones turning out great! cant wait to see it in person.

It's actually horrible to see it in person....
This is a Typical Toronto Glass Slab twisted to deceive some people on this forum to like it. I think it's about time we rebel against more Glass Slabs !!!!!
Otherwise they should have some originality with real architectural merits.

It should look terrific when complete. The overhang of the uppermost cube on the south and west sides is my favourite aspect of the design. Obviously it's not to everyone's taste, but I'm glad to see this simple column of mis-stacked cubes both so boldly and minimally presented. Here's hoping the public realm is good!

This is a Typical Toronto Glass Slab twisted to deceive some people on this forum to like it. I think it's about time we rebel against more Glass Slabs !!!!!
Otherwise they should have some originality with real architectural merits.

Hear, hear, and while we're at it, I suggest we impose a moratorium on the construction of any more buildings with curved facades as well, which, as we all know, are just fundamentally nothing more than typical glass boxes that have had their corners rounded off. Peter Clewes and aA are clever ones, deceiving us with the likes of Ice, typical Toronto glass slabs which I am now calling out for what they truly are!

The white translucent balcony glass looks to be different shades of white-ish grey because they're mounted on slightly different angles and reflects the light differently - could have been corrected if they had used a less reflective matted coating on the glass.

Once this condo tower is occupied and tenents have patio furniture and stuff against their white translucent balconey glass, then you'll see weird shadowing all over the place,.... add to that the different shades of lighting and curtains from various condo units and the uniform white translucent balcony glass will look very un-uniform. It would have worked much better on an office building where there's more control over lighting and no balcony full of junk.

Back