Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

That is indeed correct. There has been a dewatering crew on site for a couple of weeks which means that the water table is higher than what was anticipated. That's why they arent on the site any more or at the pace they were going at. Once they get the ground water under control I am certain that they will be back on site...

More on Dewatering

Here are a couple of shots from last week.

The first is of the whole site; in the shadowed west side of the excavation you can see the drilling of more cores. I would expect that there is more testing of soil required because of the dewatering.

Emrld-IMG-20111220-00002 (1).jpg

Below is a closeup of the dewatering trailer; it may takes some time before full excavation can resume, particularly with the change in the weather today.

Emrld-Dewatering__IMG-20111220-00004.jpg

Attachments

• Emrld-IMG-20111220-00002 (1).jpg
    Emrld-IMG-20111220-00002 (1).jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 410
  • Emrld-Dewatering__IMG-20111220-00004.jpg
    Emrld-Dewatering__IMG-20111220-00004.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 359
Any infromation coming from the developer? Maybe if you ask (as a tenant), they will be willing to share some of the info related to delays? I noticed there is a sign of Waterthech Co, which is fixing the ground water problem, but I am not sure if the problem is fixed and they are ready to resume digging.

There is only one backhoe on the site and it is doing limited work these days.

Last week they did some modifications to the ramp with the backhoe, but did not take it down. The ramp still takes up 1/3 of the excavation and they were working on the shoring of the walls.

Rainy weather slows progress as well.

Crane next week (weather permitting) otherwise week after....buildings might go taller.... Lots of water under there

Welcome to the board and thanks for sharing, AD27! Where did you get the info? Is there an application to the city to add floors? It would make perfect sense as it will bring back the original height (and the towers will not look stumpy...)

I do not know about a crane; today there was a stream of water flowing across the width of the site from the north side to the south west corner.

It looked to be about four or five feet wide. The backhoe continues to excavate at the centre, but no sign of the base for a crane.

Underground water does seem to be a problem in this area--the Don Valley is less than a mile to the south west.

weather slowing things down...trucks can't go down ramp...crane pad/elevator core marked out...crane set to go up in a week and a half...there's a lot of things u don't know

weather slowing things down...trucks can't go down ramp...crane pad/elevator core marked out...crane set to go up in a week and a half...there's a lot of things u don't know

Can you share some of this info? Are you part of the construction team?

I do not claim to have any inside knowledge; I note what I see.

Weather is obviously a factor, I expect that this would be a difficult time of year to be doing excavation.

Back