Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

Emerald Park Shrinking?

there is an article on Emerald Park in the new Condo Guide (Sep 15)...here's a quote...

the east tower rises 41 stories above Yonge Street and offers 300 suites. The slightly shorter west tower vaults 32 stories into the sky and has 230 suites.

Even if they mean these floorcounts to be on top of the 4 level podium, these buildings are going to be shorter than the initial renderings....:(

Talking with Eric from Bazis, application for raising the building by 6 floor is still under consideration and "thinks" that it will be approved... but who knows... I just hope this thing gets built.

thanks Ummer ... but I would be very selectively believing info from Bazis

I followed-up with City staff and was advised a formal rezoning and Official Plan amendment application was submitted on July 7, 2008 ... amendment applications are required for height, land use, and density ... previous approvals for 22 and 25 storey building only applied to the western portion of the block (excluding lands abutting Yonge where 0% residential was permitted), whereas Bazis current proposal encompasses the entire block between Yonge and Beecroft.

Based on submitted drawings, proposed buildings specifications are: 49 and 40 storey towers sharing a 3 storey podium, with heights of 167.3 and 137.8 metres respectively.

to re-literate ... Bazis does not have approvals in hand to build any residential on the eastern 1/3 of the site as it is zoned/desigated for 100% office, existing approval for the western 2/3 of the site is for 22 & 25 storey buildings only ... therefore the current OPA/ZBA application Bazis is seeking is much more substantial then 'just addding 6 storeys', which is what they want you to think that it is a minor application and they will have no problems getting it approved by the City

just wanted to not let Bazis mis-inform potential purchasers ~ :)

City Planning - Preliminary Staff Report

Report to be consider by North York Community Council on November 18 2008 ... and yes this confirms Bazis has formally submitted OPA and rezoning applications for 30 + 39 storey buildings, although are selling units based on 32 + 41 storey towers (tells you Bazis are good solid developers huh?) :p

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2008/ny/bgrd/backgroundfile-16855.pdf

EmeraldPark_south.jpg

this confirms Bazis has formally submitted OPA and rezoning applications for 30 + 39 storey buildings, although are selling units based on 32 + 41 storey towers (tells you Bazis are good solid developers huh?)

They probably count their storeys differently for sale than for official planning purposes. They're not the only ones.

Consider the area for a sec ... there are a lot of unlucky numbers between 1 - 40 : - ) ... this is typical.

And yes this thread should change the floor count.

I'm thinking more along the lines of ... Bazis is selling units based on extra height, assuming they will get a minor variance granted later (on top of the rezoning currently underway) ... the worst that can happen is they refund the deposites people put down, they don't really have anything to loose

if you look at it closer, 30+39s vs 32+41s is only 2 storeys difference, skipping 13th and all 4s would actually take 32 down to 28

Developers play this game all the time. Trump has a building in New York that was sold as an 80 storey building. Too bad its only 72 floors.

Thanks~ that's some good info~

So, going through the document briefly, looks like renovation to Lancing United Church is submitted at the same time? is Bazis proposing to use that as well and develop it?

Another question I have is, the 4th floor amentity floor has terrace units. The height of this floor looks to be significantly taller than regular units... would the terrace units have higher ceiling as well?

to clarify ... 'The Lansing United Church site (49 Bogert Avenue) is included in the application in order to facilitate the transfer of the remaining residual density for those lands to the Emerald Park development ... the existing church building is to be renovated and expanded to provide additional social facility space and the density incentives from the provision of this new space is proposed to be assigned to the Emerald Park development.'

so yes the church is part of the Bazis application, but only to transfer density towards development of Emerald Park ... church is to stay

it would be my guess that the 4th floor units with terraces will have higher ceilings (to simplify construction floor heights)

Does anyone happen to know what sort of prices they had around launch? I called to inquire about an ~800 sf. unit, and was told it was $370,000 before parking???

Is it just me, or does this seem like complete insanity?

Back