News   May 24, 2024
 126     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 55     0 
News   May 24, 2024
 288     0 

Toronto election sign wars

Saw bunch of Ford signs on Burmhamthrope today.
Quite a few Tory signs as well.
Only a single Chow signs.
Councilor signs were a lot more mixed.

^Sounds about right.

++++++++++

As far as I could tell today, Forest Hill is 100% Tory. All those surprised, raise your hands. ;)

I also saw my first Goldkind sign: Marlborough which is between Yonge and Avenue, just south of the train tracks at Summerhill. Ward 27.

I did Forest Hill and Cedarvale last week. Tory dominates, though Olivia Chow had a few signs in Cedarvale. Doug "my wife is Jewish" Ford had zero.

I saw a FordMayor sign on Elm Ridge Drive, west of Bathurst (N of Eglinton). Shocked me; I wanted to get out of my car, knock on his door and just scream "really?? really??"

A "FordMayor" sign bonfire after the 27th would be cathartic. :p

Yeah, well, that's the "poor" part of that neighbourhood so.... ;)

I love bonfires and it sure is healthier than my current plan of getting wedding drunk to celebrate.

Yeah, well, that's the "poor" part of that neighbourhood so.... ;)

I love bonfires and it sure is healthier than my current plan of getting wedding drunk to celebrate.

Well, Bonfire Night is less than two weeks away!

^Sounds about right.

++++++++++

As far as I could tell today, Forest Hill is 100% Tory. All those surprised, raise your hands. ;)

I also saw my first Goldkind sign: Marlborough which is between Yonge and Avenue, just south of the train tracks at Summerhill. Ward 27.

Canada introduced the secret ballot in 1874. While Massachusetts was the first United State to have the secret ballot in 1888, with Kentucky the last in 1891. See link.

B0tpKtFIQAAJuze.jpg

One of the goofier election signs I've seen. Is #ward14 an unsafe hellhole? Has Elmer the safety elephant endorsed?
https://twitter.com/vgedris/status/525629424763699200

Attachments

• B0tpKtFIQAAJuze.jpg
    B0tpKtFIQAAJuze.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 617
Quickly, who's campaign signs are these?

rob_ford_electionsigns.jpeg

If you said Doug Ford's signs you're wrong. They're Rob Ford's signs. See link from October 4, 2010 from the linked The Star article.

Rob Ford's 2010 campaign signs and Doug Ford's 2014 campaign signs are exactly the same.

Which Ford's campaign signs have they put out this year? Who paid for them? Which signs are Rob's and which signs are Doug's?

Think audit.

Attachments

• rob_ford_electionsigns.jpeg
    rob_ford_electionsigns.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 388
Doug was allowed to reuse Rob's signs, if he paid for them at fair market price.

Knowing Doug...well...

What is fair market price for a sign that only one person in the world could want to purchase? Market value would be close to recycling value ($500 per ton or something).

Back