Toronto Eight Forty on St Clair | 28.95m | 8s | Worsley Urban | RAW Design

I walked by again today and saw 3 workers who built a fence in the back to separate the work from the residences. I asked them what was the update, and sadly enough, they said that they are indeed taking down the whole thing, and they had to do it in parts (the 2nd building first) for safety reasons. He said they'll soon start on the big one, and they are aiming to have everything cleared in 2 months.

Ah, so the rumours were only wishful thinking, I guess. That's pretty much straight from the horse's mouth.

They've left the job awfully late, though...we've got another month at most before it starts snowing.

I'm echoing eveyone's thoughts, but it's going to be sad to see it come down.

This is unfortunate. The Hungarian House is one of the handful architecturally notable buildings along this stretch of St. Clair West.

I'm shocked that the city would allow this type of heritage facade to be torn down. Does anyone know if there is a chance the developers would save front of the building and move it forward? Big expense, but the city should be demanding it.

It doesn't look Victorian so I don't expect many to cry to save it. The reality for many of the more recent buildings coming down.

I'm shocked that the city would allow this type of heritage facade to be torn down. Does anyone know if there is a chance the developers would save front of the building and move it forward? Big expense, but the city should be demanding it.

I noticed yesterday that they started ripping down the big building... will send pics next time I'm not driving!

3 or 4 small pieces of equipment on site as of last night (bobcat, small borer, little digger) plus a bunch of blue forms spaced out across the site. I don't know if they are doing test samples or what, but at least there is some movement.

Back