Toronto East Lofts Condos | ?m | 12s | Harhay | a—A

Site Pics

Here are some pics Sept 28, 2008. You can see they are preparing to pour the ramp to street level

Attachments

• East lofts Sep08 015small.JPG
    East lofts Sep08 015small.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 430
  • East lofts Sep08 016small.JPG
    East lofts Sep08 016small.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 257
  • East lofts Sep08 021small.JPG
    East lofts Sep08 021small.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 242
  • East lofts Sep08 018-small.JPG
    East lofts Sep08 018-small.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 252
  • East lofts Sep08 010small.JPG
    East lofts Sep08 010small.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 250
I have purchased a PH unit at East. I am happy with the progress but know that schedules are delayed for a variety of reasons and I will likely be one of the last to move into the building. I am happy to wait to get a quality product and have had a great experience with the builder so far. When I consider that Rezen which is comparable in size to East and began moving people in Aug 2008 (PH level is still not ready), and look back at where they were 12 months ago, I think June may be tight. I hope I am wrong as I would love to sell my cuurent loft before next fall.

I have purchased a PH unit at East. I am happy with the progress but know that schedules are delayed for a variety of reasons and I will likely be one of the last to move into the building. I am happy to wait to get a quality product and have had a great experience with the builder so far. When I consider that Rezen which is comparable in size to East and began moving people in Aug 2008 (PH level is still not ready), and look back at where they were 12 months ago, I think June may be tight. I hope I am wrong as I would love to sell my cuurent loft before next fall.

If I were you I would pray for a mild, dry winter and spring and no construction labour problems, snafus or shortages. My bet is 12-14 months for the penthouse.

Hey Neighbour...

Well it's nice to see there are other tenants who blog here. And like you, I too have had a really great experience so far with the builders, Harhay Construction. No matter when your PH is ready, it's sure to be worth the wait. This building is gonna be stunning.

The update sent in June said they estimated time to reach the ground floor would be "in about 2 months" - So about the end of August. It looks like they are about to finish pouring the concrete on the ground floor this week. This would lead me to guess that the project is already 2 months behind.

move in date pushed back again

Just got a letter from Harhay saying they have pushed back the move in dates again, Oct 1 for floors 3-7 and Nov 1 for floors 8-penthouse

This is now more than 18 months beyond the original move in date when we signed (supposed to be Dec 1, 2007). Should purchasers be compensated in some way for this?

If you decrypt the legalese in the purchasing agreement, there are some limits to how many times they can delay the move in date, and for how long.

I don't think you get any compensation if any of those are exceeded, but you may get a chance to get your money back + from interest.

If you decrypt the legalese in the purchasing agreement, there are some limits to how many times they can delay the move in date, and for how long.

I don't think you get any compensation if any of those are exceeded, but you may get a chance to get your money back + from interest.

+1

In my contract (for a condo in the vicinity) it states that the condo can be delayed up to 24 months (2 years). If it is delayed for more than 24 months, then there is something that can be done. Don't know they'll financially compensate you, but legal action can be taken and you might have the option to opt out of the condo and get your money back (plus interest). Every contract will state that this and it differs from condo to condo.

Last edited:
Still find October 1st and November 1st hard to believe...progress has been very slow. I would say it's more like 2010...

Back