Toronto East Lofts Condos | ?m | 12s | Harhay | a—A

re: occupation date

Then why would the Lamb representatives say otherwise? Somehow I doubt this building will be available to move into, within 6 months.

Also, can anybody provide some information on the developer/builder? Also any notes on the potential condo board?

Cheers

Just curious, what are the Lamb representatives saying is the projected occupancy date for East Lofts (at King and Princess)? They last told me a month ago, that it would be early 2009.

May 16

2497991187_ff7d11d5a4_b.jpg

Just wondering if anyone has any update on the building - been seeing and hearing a lot lately. Heard they are now using red brick instead of black and that it's delayed again...anyone have any news?

As far as I know, no concessions were made to change the brick colour. And if that is the case the brick will look something like this photo Dane posted (Thanks Dane) in the Glas thread. (Harhay is the developer for both East Lofts and Glas).

GLAS
2532872166_c5696d3063_b.jpg

So if all these 4 St Lawrence/Old Towne developments : East Lofts, 294 Richmond St E, 101 Sherbourne and 501 Adelaide St E/288 King St hold true or close to their render colour schemes, within a couple of square blocks we have the following:

IMHO, I do like how all of these developments appear to be borrowing from each other in terms of their colour and to an extent, materials and design.

EAST LOFT RENDER (275 King St E)
eastlofts.jpg

294 Richmond St E:
2321219347_1ca9bcd41d_b.jpg

101 Sherbourne
the_modern_condos.jpg

501 Adelaide St E/288 King St E

I mentioned this in another thread, but I believe that the forces of gentrification will eventually consume Queen and Sherbourne.

Don't forget Modern at Sherbourne and Richmond. I agree, this area is improving and the design/matertials are a good fit. I wonder is something like Glas, EAST or 101 Sherbourne would fit in other low-midrise infill sections of the city? I somehow don't see EAST fitting in well at College/Bathurst desite being about the right size. But man it would be sweet if we had something like these at Gerrard/Church instead of that painted goon we've got now.

Don't forget Modern at Sherbourne and Richmond. I agree, this area is improving and the design/matertials are a good fit. I wonder is something like Glas, EAST or 101 Sherbourne would fit in other low-midrise infill sections of the city? I somehow don't see EAST fitting in well at College/Bathurst desite being about the right size. But man it would be sweet if we had something like these at Gerrard/Church instead of that painted goon we've got now.

When you Say Glas...you Mean Glass House right?

Becuase Glas is at King & Charlotte...

I think he does mean Glas as per the photo posted above because of the similar massing and materials used (black bricks). Glass House is mostly just ... glass. Both are BJL developments, though.

The King/Adelaide/Richmond/Sherbourne area is becoming a nice dense area with clean modern architecture at an appropriate scale for the neighbourhood! I agree that these probably couldn't be yanked out of the ground and dropped just anywhere in the city. On the other hand, that N-Blox building by Quadrangle was pretty wild and didn't really seem out of place (at least in renderings and my imagination).

Back