Toronto East Lofts Condos | ?m | 12s | Harhay | a—A

1 March 2011--struck me how ironic one of the most attractive buildings recently completed in t.o. gets some of the dullest retail happening. Would love to see 100 of these in a row, perhaps between downtown Kitchener and Uptown Waterloo--King St? Add some different brick and spandrel colours and textures for variety, but keep the massing and basic design template. Why bother starting from scratch when you could just copy and paste this beauty?

207y.jpg

It certainly is a beauty....great updates today, UD!

I don't see it. To me this building is very plain and boring and I don’t love the wood additions that were added to the East side patios. Makes it look messy. In terms of a great mid-rise I love Mozo. Still looks like new. East does not have that Fresh look. But to each their own :)

Love this building. True that the retail isn't exciting unless you're a Scotiabank customer although Urban Barn is a nice addition and alternative mixed among high end furniture and decor shops. I would like to see more unique and interesting clothing shops for both men and women in the St. Lawrence area. I like how King East is a design district, but how nice would it be to have a greater mix of retail along this strip?

I agree. It's nice to see a mix to the retail mix. Not everything has to be boutique-y (read: expensive).

The Scotiabank retail signs have been installed, one on King and one on Princess.

Also from the looks of it, the ATM entrance will be on King, not Princess.

Back