Toronto Dundas Square Gardens | 156.05m | 50s | Gupta | IBI Group

I like the massing, but not the design. This area needs to grow up more for sure. There's so much potential.

the glass quality on pinnacle centre isn't that bad.. it is just the generic design of the complex that is lacking. this glass will be blue, but you are right that the precast sucks and this will probably end up being very boring looking.

Looking at it again today, with less tired eyes and a good amount of coffee flowing through my veins, I actually don't really like it anymore. Though it would have to be a lot worse for me to not prefer it over the current building...

Again, I am not debating "quality" nor "architect technical skills" but rather "artistry" and "attention to details."

Think of P+S as the GMC of the architecture profession--they can do everything just not exceptionally nor interestingly--comparing GMC cars to BMWs or Audis.

P+S and some others are like this: I gots a piece of land. Design me a box to put on it so I can get the marketing crew to sell it.

Or you could do the same and put a funky geometric pattern on the box and get a boutique designer to "style" it. That's where aA, Teeple etc come into play.

Last edited:
Please, not another grey, spandrel building. My eyes just can't deal with more dullness. This is supposed to be "The Creative City". Can we start seeing some creativity with use of colour!

The podium is bland as heck (although the street level could be decent) and the tower is a bit of an incoherent mess. Bring on the design review board. Please.

This is by the same developer as King Blue. They've apparently got a love affair going on with Page+Steele. At least the more established developers in the city have gained the sense to move away from Page+Steele and towards firms like architectsAlliance and Hariri Pontarini.

Back