Toronto Danny Danforth Condos | 34.1m | 10s | GALA | Onespace

I'll pass by it this afternoon to double check. I might be confused with Canvas, but I thought that crane came down a little while ago?

I saw trailers with crane parts lined up along the Danforth close to Main, and I saw what looked like construction equipment in the roadway. I was running a quick errand in the morning and didn't have time to check it out but I was wondering if anyone else knew anything about it

18 February: Crane up on site

20200218_151254.jpg

20200218_151554.jpg

20200218_151116.jpg

Last edited:
So I'm not crazy!

But I'm still curious as to what's going on. I'm assuming they're clear to build what was previously approved (so no design changes), but weird that there doesn't seem to be any marketing anywhere for it.

So I'm not crazy!

But I'm still curious as to what's going on. I'm assuming they're clear to build what was previously approved (so no design changes), but weird that there doesn't seem to be any marketing anywhere for it.
Could be coming as a rental tower. Wonder who bought it, or if Diam is somehow still on this site.

That's weird that they've put up the crane but there doesn't seem to be any sign of activity otherwise. No tracks in the snow, no material being moved around, nothing. It's not cheap to have the crane there, so I'd have thought there'd be something happening in pretty short order

It's not cheap to have the crane there, so I'd have thought there'd be something happening in pretty short order.

On some occasions rental agencies will give you an installation discount if you can take it the same/next day it comes off another site (typically early) as prevents them from needing to unload, store, and reload the equipment. Fees typically start on the originally requested date.

This site is being put up for sale by the lender under Power of Sale. Will likely be purchased by a builder, refreshed, re-marketed and sold as a condo in a similar building envelope. Never underestimate the time it takes to rezone and get Site Plan approval on these tight margin mid-rises. Part of the problem is this should have been pre-zoned. A sad and cautious tale of inexperience, selling too early and succumbing to delays and rising construction costs. I hope the trades at least get paid back and no one falls in the hole in the meantime.

There's an order to remedy posted on the hoarding. The shoring system is past its design life and they've got an order to make it safe. Not sure if that means reinforcing it, or if they actually need to build out the basement levels. Anyone know more?

2359 danforth.JPG

Back