Toronto Cube Lofts | ?m | 6s | Neilas | RAW Design

Lo amo. Per concludere, qualcosa su che possiamo tutti accosentire.

wow

thats awesome,

wish somthing like that would go up somewhere more central.

Great project,if it look anything like the rendering I'll be very happy.

Re: Re: N-Blox - 799 College

There are plenty of places something like this could go all over the city.

Actually I am fascinated by this project regardless of its architectural or aesthetic qualities. Despite decades of lip service paid towards avenue or main street densification, this type of development has been almost entirely unseen in this city for 20 years. Suddenly higher end streets like college and queen west are buzzing with projects because of the market forces driving up rents and land values which finally start making the economics of intensification feasible. This despite financial lending and planning policy that seems to throw up hurdles in any and every direction.

Except this project does nothing for densification. It has eight unit, which means a maximum of 16 people will live there.

Well right now a house and a retail building take up the site. Even if these two buildings have rental units I doubt they house/d more then 16 people. Whether or not this project is making the area more dense is of little concern to me as it's the design that makes up for any of its possible short comings.

Also everybody is acting like this is the first we've seen of this style. What about the addition to 130 Bloor West?

0900352_1_300.jpg

Here's a bigger rendering of the project....thx to Quadrangle for supplying this...

799College_DuskViewFINAL_s.jpg

Back