Toronto Couture The Condominium | ?m | 42s | Philmor | Graziani + Corazza

If Torontonians don't have pride in their city, then why are they moving into the core in record numbers? Something in this narrative doesn't add up.

Crazily though, people are willing to pay world class prices for inferior product. The Maple Leafs syndrome I call it. I wouldnt be surprised if developers had consulted with psychologists at some point about Toronto's acceptance complex...

I think it can be explained rather simply. People place greater value on whats on the inside rather than the outside. Location is important as well, but a buildings exterior? Unless your into architecture and I'd suggest that the majority are not (otherwise how else would buildings such as this sell out?), a buildings exterior appearance is likely very low on your priority list.

Last edited:
Unless your into architecture and I'd suggest that the majority are not (otherwise how else would buildings such as this sell out?), a buildings exterior appearance is likely very low on your priority list.

Absolutely. When I point out external details of buildings to friends, they look at me like "who cares?" Most people are not remotely interested in the outsides of buildings, especially high-rise buildings. People's priorities are elsewhere.

Saying that, I think there is a great deal of pride in Toronto, it's just not shown in ways us skyscraper fans immediately recognize.

Taken today with my Cellphone.
A shot of the podium. Looks like the frames are starting to go up.

Attachments

• IMG00067-20111210-1338.jpg
    IMG00067-20111210-1338.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
If I counted correctly it looks like they are at about the 31st/32nd floor. This thing is flying up and I'm thinking it should top off around early to mid March.
Dec. 23rd update, west facing side of the building.

Taken today. Couture, meet your maker X. Good looking out on the podium work Alex. They have the glass for the podium on skids - it'll be interesting to see the colour variations.

COUTURE-25-12-2011.jpg

COUTURE-25-12-2011-2.jpg

Last edited:
I have a feeling the colours on the podium glass will be more or less the same as the rest of the building. It would be great if they can do the stained glass look like the podium for CPP's Discovery.

I realize the floor-plate is identical all the way up, but how is this moving so incredibly fast. It seems like they've built (almost) the whole thing (from grade) in a matter of a few short months. Impressive.

SpaceBabe: please use the Real Estate Forum Individual Projects thread for Couture to talk about things like fobs, etc., with other purchasers at Couture. Thanks!

Sorry, but talk can be slow initially in the Real Estate threads. It should build as other owners find it as the building comes closer to completion.

Glass installation on the podium has begun. This morning they installed 4 panes of glass, and have so far prepped to install more.

Back