Toronto Cinema Tower | 142.64m | 43s | Daniels | Kirkor Architects

Yeah, a podium that provides a performing arts centre, some retail and colour. (as well as a unique design and cladding) What could be worst than that? lol

What, it wasn't grey enough for your conservative, refined taste?

^It's not only the colour but also the texture, shape, and artistry of the panels and glazing. It's just a clumsy mess here and has no relationship to the surroundings. It's a suburban big box store-style architecture disguised as a parking podium. It looks Middle Eastern or Spanish, not Torontonian, but on the cheap.

It's an aesthetic disaster.

"Conservative" taste? I'm afraid you're wrong. If you're gonna go bold, do it right.

Except we're not in Middle East, nor Spain, nor Disneyland. There are far better ways to use colour through other materials - like brick or terracotta even.

AoD

Today:

4NygVzM.jpg

I used to hate this podium. But I do actually really like hoe it is looking with everything being more completed. Should look really interesting at night when those dark window things are glowing.

Lucky residents will have Champs Food Supplies as ground floor retail :rolleyes::eek:

Application: New Building Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 10 185062 BLD 02 NB Accepted Date: Apr 8, 2013

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res New Building

Description: REVISION - to expand the retail mezzanine level

I feel like Champ's Food Supplies makes the whole thing work.

Please elaborate. In fact, I think I will make popcorn in preparation for your reply. This can only be good.

Back