Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
🤔 Is it possible they're still planning on lowering the deck to line up with the window on the west side & having a ramp down to the deck on the east? It seems they have some room to do that, even though the supports look done.

Also, I always thought the green thing crossing the street was a bridge. If not, what is it?

Also, I always thought the green thing crossing the street was a bridge. If not, what is it?

Railway platform 3, if memory serves. You could cross the street via it, back in the day, but obviously from a safety/crowd management perspective having this separate, dedicated pedestrian bridge is preferable.

🤔 Is it possible they're still planning on lowering the deck to line up with the window on the west side & having a ramp down to the deck on the east? It seems they have some room to do that, even though the supports look done.

It's flush with Phase 2 on the east side, so unlikely?

Either way though, a window entrance is still a window...and I have no idea how they're planning to address that. Only they're probably planning to address that at some point. Probably... >.<

It's flush with Phase 2 on the east side, so unlikely?

Either way though, a window entrance is still a window...and I have no idea how they're planning to address that. Only they're probably planning to address that at some point. Probably... >.<
Windows are easier to turn into doors than walls, so I thought maybe? I suppose it would also be possible (if unlikely) to lower just the east end so that the whole bridge is a ramp?

From links previously provided by polesingularity (post 8,414)

(Excerpt)
Overview of the Bridge Connection and Location
The bridge will be located in the east wing of Union Station. The bridge will enter Union Station on the eastern façade through a modified window opening that will be altered to accommodate a door and pedestrian walkway. The proposed design is consistent with the heritage requirements of Parks Canada and City of Toronto Heritage Planning. In addition, the City will build a ramp to accommodate the bridge design that connects the bridge to the main level.
Within Union Station, approximately 2,500 square feet of leasable commercial premises in the east wing will be repurposed to accommodate the ramp by converting it to common space for circulation to build a P.A.T.H. compliant corridor. The corridor will connect to the main east-west public corridor in the east wing of the station, generally proceeding along the eastern wall of the station to the bridge connection point in the southeast corner of the building. Staff have analyzed this route and determined it to be the preferred configuration to ensure a comfortable and safe pedestrian environment, while consolidating the remaining retail space.

1699926030697.png

"The bridge will enter Union Station on the eastern façade through a modified window opening that will be altered to accommodate a door and pedestrian walkway."
...and there it is. <3

Thanks for posting all of that, btw! /bows

Back