Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
The poo emoji is more impressive than 4 letters atop a couple swoops. It also has nicer colours.

The old one was definitely superior. Timeless in a way that four letters over a couple swoops can never be. The current one reeks of the 90's/early 2000's. It's already dated.
Agreed, and by the time these towers are built, if it has been updated by then, I assume the new version will be on them. We are looking at a RENDERING.

Well the logo was updated to look 3-d a couple years ago.... idk why I cant find it publicly anymore.

You will most likely see this one

upload_2017-4-15_16-7-15.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-15_16-7-15.png
    upload_2017-4-15_16-7-15.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 377
Agreed, and by the time these towers are built, if it has been updated by then, I assume the new version will be on them. We are looking at a RENDERING.

And these towers present the perfect opportunity to come up with a new logo!

The CIBC logo on top of these buildings ruins the diamond effect that cascades upwards to the top. Stunting the look of the building. Does the logo really have to be that large?

I think we are just overreacting to the logo, may be they are not going to put the logo up there. its just there in the renders to show that CIBC will be the tenant of these buildings.

I think we are just overreacting to the logo, may be they are not going to put the logo up there. its just there in the renders to show that CIBC will be the tenant of these buildings.

The logo will absolutely be up there in one way or another. This is Toronto, and CIBC is a bank. There's no way the buildings won't have CIBC logos all over them.

The logo will absolutely be up there in one way or another. This is Toronto, and CIBC is a bank. There's no way the buildings won't have CIBC logos all over them.

Are you suggesting that there is something unique caused by the building being in Toronto and the tenant being a bank? Are there many examples (perhaps in other cities with banks or in Toronto with tenants that aren't banks or in other cities where the tenant is not a bank) where a tenant pre-committed to taking 1.75MM s.f. of a planned 2.9MM s.f. project and didn't expect and get branding on the building? There may be....but that would be a surprising thing to me.

. This is Toronto, and CIBC is a bank.

This is Toronto, and TD is a bank, and there was no logo on their head office tower last time I checked. The original idea in the 1960s, when TD started the banks' frenzy to fill the skyline with conspicuous International Style head offices, was that the buildings themselves would be the logos. I think TD is the only one of the Big Five to stick with that notion, probably because the purist architect, Mies van der Rohe, had it written into his contract.

They put their logo on one of the shorter, newer buildings recently.

The only reason they haven't stuck it up there yet is because heritage services won't let them. It violates the strict minimalist design of the original complex.

Back